Offline Clients Still Showing as Being Online

• Staff

It is the recommended config to use those, if the computer is asleep, logged off or the user is limited, the scan will not be able to run. Right click and make a copy of your current policy, change those items in the test copy and assign it to a few machines. See if that helps the situation.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Atrave.  1.8.0.3443 is a hotfix that was supposed to fix a check-in timer bug.  For the most part, I haven't had client status issues since upgrading to that version.  One thing you could try is changing the client check-in interval.  I believe the default is 10 minutes, but you might want to try reducing that to 5 or even 1 minute and see if that resolves the issue.

Hi @djacobson

I tested 5 minutes and 8 minutes (client check-in interval) and clients shutdowned appears online. No solution.

I have the same and latest version (1.8.0.3443, 1.80.2.1012, 1.09.2.1413) in all clients. I think no client problem. The problem is in the last update of server. Past yesterday it worked fine.

I send you a zip file with log set of a computer test. 

Alex

MBMC_Client_Diagnosis_Info_2017_06_30_084618.zip

• Staff

Error    2017-06-28 13:34:19.8139    6016    6    Failed to send offline status (continuing anyway): System.Net.WebException: Anulada la solicitud: No se puede crear un canal seguro SSL/TLS.

Have you changed your network to disable SSL? Your client is failing to send over SSL. The signatures have nothing to do with it.

On 1/7/2017 at 2:50 AM, djacobson said:

Error    2017-06-28 13:34:19.8139    6016    6    Failed to send offline status (continuing anyway): System.Net.WebException: Anulada la solicitud: No se puede crear un canal seguro SSL/TLS.

Have you changed your network to disable SSL? Your client is failing to send over SSL. The signatures have nothing to do with it.

I don't changed anything. I only updated mb console, and after console server I updated clients. What solution you propose.

Thanks.

Edited by atrave
  • Staff

I would recommend redoing your SSL cert.

Create a Self-Signed Certificate

• Open IIS Manager and navigate to the mbmc Server
  • In Features view, right-click “Server Certificates” →“Open Feature”. Then in Actions pane, click “Create Self-Signed Certificate”.
  • Give the certificate a name in the “Specify a friendly name for the certificate” box, and then click OK.
  • Right-click on the newly made certificate and click “Export”. Export the certificate to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Management Server” and give it a password of your choosing.

Import Self-Signed Certificate

• Launch mbmc‘s “SSL Certificate Configuration” from Start → All Programs -> Malwarebytes Management Server.
  • Click the Browse button to navigate to the directory where the new certificate is stored. Select the self-signed certificate then click “Import”.