Unable to contact Licence Server

I just bought a licence after months of using the free version.

However, whenever i try to activate the licence from within the application, I get an error message telling me that "Unable to contact licence server. Contact your system administrator for help".

I don't know what to do.

I'm fairly knowledgeable at this and i'm surprised that the program cannot connect to the internet.

I'm using windows 10, and the firewall allows traffic to port 443, the program can also check for updates (like it has always been doing since i installed it, in the free version).

I don't know what else could be causing this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

error image.png

@samuelawachie

Hi and Welcome,

My name is Porthos and I will assist you to the best of my ability. If I can't guide you after you post the logs, I will find a staff member who can better assist. 

• Use mb-check to gather MB3 logs:
    1. Download mb-check from here and save to your desktop
    2. Run mb-check and within a few second the command window will open and then close
    3. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
    4. Attach this log file to your post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area
  • Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs
    1. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
      1. Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
    2. Double-click to run and when the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer
    3. Press Scan button
    4. This will product two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
      1. Attach both of these logs to your post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the files to the attachment area

Please consider selecting the "Follow/Following" button, near the upper-right corner of your topic, to receive timely email notifications about updates to your topic.

Edited by Porthos

Thanks Porthos.

This issue seems to have magically resolved itself. I downloaded all the windows updates I've been hesitant to do for a while now. And after the consequent installation and reboot, the licence was able to authenticate without problems. 

Thanks for even offering to help in the first place (:

Sam

3 minutes ago, samuelawachie said:

Thanks Porthos.

This issue seems to have magically resolved itself. I downloaded all the windows updates I've been hesitant to do for a while now. And after the consequent installation and reboot, the licence was able to authenticate without problems. 

Thanks for even offering to help in the first place (:

Sam

Glad you got it working. We're always here if you need anything. Best wishes.