Ransomware protection unavailable in MBAM premium

I'm having the same issue with ransomware being off and listed as "unavailable" I have Windows 10
I contacted Malwarebytes support and did the MB Clean and installed the latest version (I have pro)
but it still says ransomware is unavailable.
Of course, I've contacted support again, but last time it took them almost 2 weeks to get to me and with this latest ransom outbreak, I'd like to fix this sooner rather than later!

Malwarebytes May 15 new version.JPG

7 hours ago, Porthos said:

@Meenie  

Hi and Welcome,

My name is Porthos and I will assist you to the best of my ability. If I can't guide you after you post the logs, I will find a staff member who can better assist. 

** Download MB-Check Here **

How to use it?

1. Download the latest version of MB-Check by clicking the link above
  2. Double-click and run mb-check.exe 
  3. A command window will appear stating "running mb-check" followed by "running mb-grab"
  4. Upon completion, a prompt will appear letting you know it's done and the "mb-check-results.zip" file will be on your desktop
  5. Attach the "mb-check-results.zip" file to your support case and/or your forums thread for further assistance

Thanks, Porthos
I ran MB Check and attached the file

mb-check-results.zip

Hello @Meenie

From your logs it seems you have a compatibility flag for MBAM.exe: C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbam.exe    REG_SZ        ^ RUNASADMIN WINXPSP3

Anti Ransomware is no available on XP, as a result since you have the compatibility setting on the Program thinks you are running in XP mode.

You could do the following:

1.Close the Malwarebytes UI

2. Right click on the Malwarebytes shortcut and go to Properties.

3. Under compatibility tab, uncheck the "Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3."

Launch the Malwarebytes UI again. Your problem should be fixed.

3 minutes ago, nikhils said:

Hello @Meenie

From your logs it seems you have a compatibility flag for MBAM.exe: C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbam.exe    REG_SZ        ^ RUNASADMIN WINXPSP3

Anti Ransomware is no available on XP, as a result since you have the compatibility setting on the Program thinks you are running in XP mode.

You could do the following:

1.Close the Malwarebytes UI

2. Right click on the Malwarebytes shortcut and go to Properties.

3. Under compatibility tab, uncheck the "Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3."

Launch the Malwarebytes UI again. Your problem should be fixed.

Really? I have a 1 year old HP Windows 10 computer! Is that weird???

Ok, just did that and it did have it checked that I was on XP!!
Anyway, it WORKED! :) Ransomware is now turned back on...
Thanks so much, Nikhils!!!!!!!!

Edited by Meenie

1 minute ago, nikhils said:

Hello @Meenie

It is odd, but that's what the logs indicate. Did removing the compatibility flag turn on Anti Ransomware?

Yes!! Thanks SO much!! :D I have no idea how that got checked. when I first got MB it worked fine and ransomeware was working, then suddenly it wasn't <shrugs> :)

Edited by Meenie

Oh dear, now I have another problem. This morning I had a big yellow alert up over the Malwarebytes icon on my taskbar. It said my realtime protection was off. I opened Malwarebytes and it showed my web protection is off!
I went under "Protection" and turned it on, but it just says "starting" and when I go back to where the protections are listed it still says web protection is off??! See attachments
As a reminder I have windows 10 64 bit
and Malwarebytes version 3.1.2.1733
Component pkg version 1.0.122
Update Pkg version 1.0.1976
Any ideas?

mb web protection off.JPG

mb web protection starting.JPG

32 minutes ago, nikhils said:

Hello @Meenie

Can you right click on the system tray and choose Quit Malwarebytes. After that restart your system. Please let me know if web protection started after that.

After restart, web protection is back on. I hope it sticks!
Thanks, nikhils!!