Installation of MWB 3.1 from 2.2.1.1043 and Kaspersky Total Security 17.0.0.611(e)

I have MWB Premium ver 2.2.1.1043 and Kaspersky TS ver 17.0.0.611(e) and it looks as if the 2.x version of MWB is EOL in June.

I tried version 3.0 and had serious conflicts w/ Kaspersky and removed 3.0.  Does 3.1 play nice w/ Kaspersky T.S. or am I still looking at a problem?

If I decided to use MWB 3.1 do I need to remove 2.2.1.1043 first restart etc?

Having been burned once I am gun shy about "new and improved" 3.x

Thanx

2 hours ago, Mauleguy said:

I have MWB Premium ver 2.2.1.1043 and Kaspersky TS ver 17.0.0.611(e) and it looks as if the 2.x version of MWB is EOL in June.

I tried version 3.0 and had serious conflicts w/ Kaspersky and removed 3.0.  Does 3.1 play nice w/ Kaspersky T.S. or am I still looking at a problem?

If I decided to use MWB 3.1 do I need to remove 2.2.1.1043 first restart etc?

Having been burned once I am gun shy about "new and improved" 3.x

Thanx

I am having constant delay problems of up to 10 minutes on startup with 3.1.2 using Windows 7 x64 and Kaspersky (same version as you) on both desktop and laptop. See here. Windows 10 x64, however, is no problem.

4 hours ago, Mauleguy said:

Just read the string in your last email.  Sounds as if MWB 3.1 and Kaspersky still do not play well together.  Registry surgery should not be required to make a product operate correctly.

I quite agree! However, I don't mind giving them a little bit of help in debugging their software if it results in us all getting a serviceable product.

9 minutes ago, dcollins said:

To be clear, so far we've only seen on report of this issue. In our testing environments, and with many of the other users running both Kaspersky and MB3, there have been no reports of issues like this. We are still attempting to diagnose what could be causing @MikeAustin's issues.

Actually, although I am providing feedback for one PC, you should count my report as two as it happens on both my desktop and my laptop. And there are reports elsewhere on the net of these sorts of problems if you want to take a look.