Internet Explorer IE 11 Trouble

Brett

Hello,

I've been having some trouble with IE 11 on my Win7 64bit PC for about a week now.  When I try to open IE after starting/restarting my PC, the browser window opens, but it's just an incomplete blank page.  I can see the address bar and page tab, but both are blank.  The home, favorites, and settings cog icons are visible.  I can click on the settings cog and favorites icons, which will open their respective drop down menus, but that's about it.   Looking at the processes tab in task manager while the blank/incomplete IE page is up, I have (1) iexplore.exe and (1) iexplore.exe *32 running.  If I try to open at least (2) more page tabs on the currently open IE browser (ctrl +T) or open at least (2) more IE windows (right-clicking on IE icon on task bar and clicking "internet explorer"), the third and all tabs/windows thereafter will load IE correctly (my only home page, google, comes up and Norton Toolbar loads.  I noticed that, upon a successful load of IE, a 2nd iexplore.exe *32 appears in the processes tab in task manager.  If I close the IE browser(s), the (1) iexplore.exe and (2) iexplore.exe *32s remain in the processes tab in task manager.  I can open IE successfully (new windows and new tabs) every time while the (1) iexplore.exe and (2) iexplore.exe *32s are present in the in the processes tab in task manager.  If I "end process" the iexplore.exe, all IE processes will close.  However, the next time I try to open IE, the issue starts up again.  The issue occurs even when I try opening IE without add-ons (Internet Explorer No-Add Ons).

I ran run system file checker to see if it would help.  Upon completion, the cmd prompt stated that there were issues that couldn't be repaired.  However, looking at the CBS log file (extracting the [SR] tags to an sfcdetails.txt), all of the "SR" tags looked good.  They all listed "beginning verify and repair transaction - verify complete" or something similar to that effect.

I attempted to fix the issue by uninstalling IE 11, which took me back to IE 8.  Windows update came up nearly right away after restarting the PC.  IE 10 was provided as an update, which installed successfully.  While having IE 10, the above issue didn't exist.  IE loaded correctly every time and, upon closing the browser, all instances of iexplore.exe in the processes tab in task manager shut down.  I then proceeded to try to update to IE 11.  After so-called "successfully" installing IE 11, checking the "about internet explorer" under the HELP menu dropdown, it showed I was still using IE 10.  After many, many attempts to reinstall IE 11, using various strategies, I managed to get it to reinstall correctly.  Unfortunately, the original issue was back right away.

I don't know what to do next.  I've spent many hours attempting to try to fix this on my own, without any true success.  I'm hoping that this is an easy fix...