Upgraded to 3.1.2.1733, now can't connect to service

I got a message that there was an update available today, so I clicked the button to update.  I restarted my computer, and boom, Malwarebytes no longer works.  I read through the forums, and I don't think I have F-Secure, but I can't be sure since this is my work computer.  Attached are the logs using the FRST tool

Thanks in advance

58e7a521a2da2_MBAMSupportData.zip

Edited by Padadof2
spelling

Can you download the latest mb-check from the following thread and then upload the zip file that gets created on your desktop? The one in your current log is an old one from April

Can you also please grab your System and Application event logs using the following documentation from microsoft? Thanks!

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc749339(v=ws.11).aspx

Edited by dcollins

Thanks, can you grab the event logs I asked for above and also FRST logs as outlined in the process below?

Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs

1. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
    1. Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
  2. Double-click to run and when the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer
  3. Press Scan button
  4. This will product two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
    1. Attach both of these logs to your post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the files to the attachment area

@dcollins, you must be some kind of Savant.  

I went to the downloads, downloaded the free version, installed it, (this time it didn't ask to restart computer) and now its up and running again.

Not sure what happened, but its fixed, for now.  

Thanks for the assistance

Glad to hear it! For troubleshooting purposes, can you look in c:\windows\ for an executable file that starts with is- and has a few letters and numbers after it? It should be created today. If so, can you please zip that file up and upload it here? We'd like to try and help other people not have these issues

I don't see any files in c:\windows\ that were created today and that are executable.  Would it matter if I tried the update within Malwarebytes?  I've attached a file that might be helpful, it's a tmp file though.  It won't allow me to upload it here, so here is a dropbox link with the file in question.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y9cpjy3cosu8hdm/AABAZm6mBGHwDQrUTTZYqTaEa?dl=0