Jump to content

Any Chance V3.x is Now Compatible with XP Pro?


Recommended Posts

I'm wondering if there's any chance that your "latest and greatest" V3.x program will work any better with my XP Pro? I don't want to install it and have it completely lock up my system, like it did a couple of months ago. I would appreciate an honest answer to this.

Nathaniel, still hoping your program will get along with my legacy system.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Nikhil, thanks for your reply... and sorry for the delay in responding. Yes, I've been running SP3 for ages... and some day when I'm feeling either very confident, or very crazy, I'll try the MD-Clean program which I understand "cleans out" MB and Exploit and then installs your latest MB, correct?

Thanks,

Hesitant Nat...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Thanks, just read your post. I'll probably give it a try... when I have the time and talent to deal with what I hope won't be the situation the last time I tried to upgrade to V3.x.... and it froze my xp to the point I was worried I'd never be able to use it again. Hopefully this newest version won't freeze my system as it did in the past.

Again, thanks... and if I get both the time, and feel particularly brave, perhaps I'll give it a go, again. :-0

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

Thanks for the reply regarding XP 32 Bits SP3  ;-)

I take advantage of XP. To also ask if a Mbam 3 version is compatible with XP Pro SP2 64 Bits. (For info there is no SP3 for XP 64 Bits version)

Thanks

 


 

Edited by Antec
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

I'm just an XP user (NOT a forum admin of any kind); I have found that the 3.1.2.1733 CU 1.0.160 build is the latest that is 100% compatible with XP.  I (& others) have had issues with XP & the latest MBAM 3.2.2. v. 1.0.212 that I hope will be fixed in a new release very soon!

I do keep checking frequently because MBAM bugs me with a pop up about every 20-30 minutes asking me to update.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Staff

Just to add, while it is not officially supported, Malwarebytes 3 should work on XP Pro x64, however some components will not.  Specifically I know that our web protection doesn't function under x64 Windows XP and there may be others as well.  It's also likely that any components which do not function under 32 bit Windows XP will also not work in the 64 bit version (such as our anti-ransomware component).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello ,

So, as I said, I have an old Mbam version that works ... but not Web protection ... and for Exploit and Rançonware protection software it's a bit like that ...

 

But it's still a shame ... for such a good OS

XP32 XP64
All version W7 / W8.1 / W10 ... W10 Company LTSB
 
cordially

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2017 at 3:42 PM, exile360 said:

while it is not officially supported, Malwarebytes 3 should work on XP Pro x64, however some components will not.

So basically there is no assurance of protection when run on XP Pro x64, so what is the point of doing so. Without fully quantifying the limits or constraints of protection, then installation is futile.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Root Admin

Unfortunately, Microsoft themselves never fully supported Windows XP 64-Bit. They never followed up and kept it up to date and provided all the DLL and Driver updates that they did for XP 32-Bit so there are many programs and hardware, that that never worked properly on that version of XP.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Staff
5 hours ago, Telos said:

So basically there is no assurance of protection when run on XP Pro x64, so what is the point of doing so. Without fully quantifying the limits or constraints of protection, then installation is futile.

These limitations and issues are precisely why only XP 32bit is officially supported.  Native x64 driver support on XP 64 was I believe one of the major hurdles our developers faced that we couldn't overcome in addition to the lack of many of the newer APIs in more modern x64 operating systems (especially Vista SP1+ and more recently 7x64 SP1+) that made many of our newer protection features/components possible.  It is unfortunate that we've never been able to fully support XP Pro x64, however given its age now and very limited user base, most vendors have excluded it from their lists of officially supported operating systems.  As I said though, in our case specifically it really did come down to technical limitations with the OS as we did investigate supporting it while XP was still an officially supported operating system by Microsoft and at one time (during the Malwarebytes 1.x days) we did officially support it, though with certain limitations (like web protection not working in x64 XP).

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, exile360 said:

These limitations and issues are precisely why only XP 32bit is officially supported.  Native x64 driver support on XP 64 was I believe one of the major hurdles our developers faced that we couldn't overcome in addition to the lack of many of the newer APIs in more modern x64 operating systems (especially Vista SP1+ and more recently 7x64 SP1+) that made many of our newer protection features/components possible.  It is unfortunate that we've never been able to fully support XP Pro x64, however given its age now and very limited user base, most vendors have excluded it from their lists of officially supported operating systems.  As I said though, in our case specifically it really did come down to technical limitations with the OS as we did investigate supporting it while XP was still an officially supported operating system by Microsoft and at one time (during the Malwarebytes 1.x days) we did officially support it, though with certain limitations (like web protection not working in x64 XP).

Thanks for clarifying. Well stated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Back to top
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.