another UI Suggestion

hiya there .

I have some of Suggestion which is for the MALWAREBYTES UI + also I have noticed that the MALWAREBYTES version 3 had no Advertisement anymore on it’s UI and thank you for MALWAREBYTES team for this . it’s clean UI right now !

my ideas are blow :

1- Reduce the interface of the program (the program interface is too big with a lot Of unused space ) and that is not good to have the MALWAREBYTES to taking up almost my screen ! ^_^:(

2- Make improvements to the interface of the program :P

3- Add missing text information of interface of the program (the ::updates "Current" status of database isn’t enough info there to displayed like as last updates date or even if the software is out of date and so on ) and on about page should be an release date of the software as with version 2 ! :rolleyes:

Edited by Gt-truth
I made a mistake when I thought the advertisement had been removed in the version 3.

1 hour ago, Tromick said:

I am using MBAM since 2008 but when 2.0 comes, i disappointed. So i am using 1.75 since 2013. New UI has disgusting. 

While I understand that you do not like the new UI, please be aware that you are missing a lot of additional features, including detection capabilities that have been added/improved in the later versions.  With almost every release of Malwarebytes we make changes to the malware detection engine that aren't backwards compatible with older releases, so even though your databases are up to date, the older version still will not be capable of detecting/blocking/removing all of the same threats as the newest version.  This is true even if all you're using is the free version as an on-demand scanner.

16 minutes ago, exile360 said:

While I understand that you do not like the new UI, please be aware that you are missing a lot of additional features, including detection capabilities that have been added/improved in the later versions.  With almost every release of Malwarebytes we make changes to the malware detection engine that aren't backwards compatible with older releases, so even though your databases are up to date, the older version still will not be capable of detecting/blocking/removing all of the same threats as the newest version.  This is true even if all you're using is the free version as an on-demand scanner.

What a user-friend comment (!)

I apologize if I came off harsh, I was simply making a recommendation based on the fact that older versions simply aren't as secure as newer releases because I want you (along with all of our users and customers) to have the best protection possible so that you may stay safe online and keep your system(s) free of infections.

The issue is that we are constantly developing new and better ways to stop malware and detect new threats because it's a never ending battle.  The bad guys are always changing up their tactics trying to evade detection to infect as many computers as they can, so we have to continue evolving our software as well to try and keep up and hopefully stay ahead of them.  The recent WanaCrypt0r ransomware that's been hitting the news lately is a prime example of this.  Our existing customers of Malwarebytes 3 Premium were already immune to this threat thanks to features added in 3.x, including our anti-exploit and new anti-ransomware protection components (more info on this may be found in our blog article here).

Edited by exile360

• 4 months later...
On 5/17/2017 at 1:42 AM, Tromick said:

What a user-friend comment (!)

But it's a true comment! A users' primary concern should really be the highest level of security, not if you like the GUI or not. I also do not like the new GUI, the designers follow the latest fashion if even if it's rubbish, it's designed for children who use their fingers for everything, not keyboards and mice, Despite my feeling for the poor GUI, I still upgraded to the latest version because of the best security. Think about it, you are using software today which is designed for threats 4 years ago!!!