CPU always at 100% usage

Hi everyone.

Began having problems a couple of weeks ago. My PC has always ran pretty well. I used to be able to download torrents, run convertxtodvd and look online with little to no slowdown.

It suddenly became sluggish and i noticed that it was at 100% CPU usage. Whenever i close the program or process with the highest usage something else just takes over and rises instead. No matter what something is always causing it to hit 100%.

I assumed this may be malware, tried to run a few programs but it persisted. I then performed a clean restore removing all files etc.

After this clean restore the PC is still always between 80-100% even with nothing on the PC.

I've included a pic of my latest task manager at this link. https://ibb.co/e7vHy5 .No matter what theres always something taking masses of CPU even if i close it, something else pops up.

Could really do with some help, i'm average with PC's so not an expert by any stretch but will try any suggestions!

Thanks.

Hello @lukebr0wn and :welcome:

Since you believe the computer is probably infected and malware removal actions are not permitted in this sub-forum, I recommend following the advice from the topic: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and have one of the Malware Removal Experts assist you with your issue.

If, as recommended, you do open a topic in Malware Removal for Windows, please make reference to this thread.

If you would like to get off to a very fast start, the Malware Removal Experts would appreciate it if you would also attach (not compress/copy/paste) both the FRST.txt and the Addition.txt output diagnostic reports from only Log Set 1 into your new topic. Please do not alter any pre-configured FRST categories as the default settings are well suited for malware removal actions.

Thank you.