joshkmartinez

I CANNOT INSTALL MALWARE BYTES BECAUSE OF "system resource is in use"

Hi josh,

Are you still with me?

Alright I'll be waiting.

All I have tried was adding an "AppReadiness" folder like it says. I didn't want to do anything to fancy to mess up the fix that we were doing earlier.

You can try these instructions.

Ymo01BD.png

If they don't solve your issue, let me know as I'll script the other solution about the OLE folder (it'll be easier for you).

Can you cancel and/or uninstall the apps that don't work, and try to redownload them again from the Store?

Let's try the OLE solution then.

iO3R662.pngFarbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) - Fix mode
Follow the instructions below to execute a fix on your system using FRST, and provide the log in your next reply.

• Download the attached fixlist.txt file, and save it on your Desktop (or wherever your FRST.exe/FRST64.exe executable is located);
  • Right-click on the FRST executable and select Spcusrh.pngRun as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);
  • Click on the Fix button;
    NYA5Cbr.png
  • On completion, a message will come up saying that the fix has been completed and it'll open a log in Notepad;
  • Copy and paste its content in your next reply;

fixlist.txt

You should have a file called C:\FRST\OLD_Backup.reg. Can you .zip it and attach it in your next post?

Alright, can you try installing/updated the apps that weren't working now?

Are you sure? It prompted me to update and it said its keeping only apps and files. Will it keep all my stuff? 

Edited by joshkmartinez

Keeping your programs and files means that it's keeping everything. If you're not sure, you can back-up your files somewhere else meanwhile (like an external HDD, USB Flash Drive, etc.)

In that situation, apps means Programs. I think it also covers apps from the Windows Store too.

Yes, it will. I've used that upgrade process in the past.

Wow, it worked! but one my bottom 2 rows of my desktop the icon placement is weird. I know people have had this problem and have posted on this forum but I cannot find the posts.