I CANNOT INSTALL MALWARE BYTES BECAUSE OF "system resource is in use"

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can try these instructions.

Ymo01BD.png

If they don't solve your issue, let me know as I'll script the other solution about the OLE folder (it'll be easier for you).

Can you cancel and/or uninstall the apps that don't work, and try to redownload them again from the Store?

Let's try the OLE solution then.

iO3R662.pngFarbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) - Fix mode
Follow the instructions below to execute a fix on your system using FRST, and provide the log in your next reply.

• Download the attached fixlist.txt file, and save it on your Desktop (or wherever your FRST.exe/FRST64.exe executable is located);
  • Right-click on the FRST executable and select Spcusrh.pngRun as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);
  • Click on the Fix button;
    NYA5Cbr.png
  • On completion, a message will come up saying that the fix has been completed and it'll open a log in Notepad;
  • Copy and paste its content in your next reply;

fixlist.txt

You should have a file called C:\FRST\OLD_Backup.reg. Can you .zip it and attach it in your next post?

Keeping your programs and files means that it's keeping everything. If you're not sure, you can back-up your files somewhere else meanwhile (like an external HDD, USB Flash Drive, etc.)

In that situation, apps means Programs. I think it also covers apps from the Windows Store too.