Malwarebytes -- v. 3.1.0.1716 Results

So far I have installed this v3.1.0.1716  beta on two computers.... one is my desktop (see sig) Win10 64bit Version 1607.  Second is my Surface 4 Pro Win10 64bit Version 1703. Both computers have Symantec Endpoint Protection with exceptions added.

On my desktop all went well, installed over latest MB3 version and scans are normal, no slowdowns or issues thus far. IP Protection test page working, and Anti-Exploit test working.

On Surface 4 Pro, different issue... I installed over the top of Version 2.  Install went fine.  Ran a scan and no matter if the GUI is open or closed it uses 100% of the CPU during a scan. (granted the scan only takes 2 minutes - rootkits enabled - archives disabled)  I have rebooted the computer several times and all was well until I tried to turn off self protection.  It turned off OK, tried to do a scan to see if it would help with CPU usage, it did not, went to turn it back on and MB3 Crashed and said it had to be launched.  Turned Self Protection back on, and now Ransomware Protection turned off, and when trying to turn it back on, its stuck at starting.... IP Protection test page working, and Anti-Exploit test working.

I will reboot the surface and monitor, if it continues I will try the clean re-install method instead of an upgrade from v2 to v3.

You have an option to use lower priority on manual scans and it reduced my CPU from 95% to 30%.

I have only had one scheduled scan and it ran at 30% CPU but took 9 min so I assume it is on low priority.

Jim :ph34r:

Edited by Phone Man

Here are my scan results on my W10 desktop. All scans had every thing checked. 371,000 items.

Ver 3.0.6.1469  Scheduled Scan 2:53 min CPU hit 95%

Ver 3.1.0.1716 Scheduled Scan 9:40 min CPU hit 30%

Ver 3.1.0.1716 Manual Scan Low Priority 9:16 min CPU hit 30%

Ver 3.1.0.1716 Manual Scan High Priority 3:46 min CPU hit 95%

Scheduled Scan must be at High Priority on 3.0.6.1469 and Low Priority on 3.1.0.1716.

I like it like that and if I need a faster scan I can change the Priority to High for the Manual Scan,

Jim :ph34r:

So far so good on the Surface, have not had to reinstall...

BTW Thanks for fixing the issues when in notifications to add exclusions, it actually takes you to the exclusions section now as well as when you click View Report it takes you to the reports section... before it used to take you to just the MB3 main GUI...

Now we need one more thing fixed.... when installing, is there any way you could add the feature to give us a choice of the 14day trial?  I want to be able to choose rather than being forced to use the trial.

10 minutes ago, Firefox said:

Now we need one more thing fixed.... when installing, is there any way you could add the feature to give us a choice of the 14day trial?  I want to be able to choose rather than being forced to use the trial.

That's "marketing"  :P