MBAM pro and Antivir not compatible

Guest paula

Guest paula

Hi,

Acording to an Avira moderator MBAM Pro and Antivir are not compatible;

"Hi afrinita,

I think that no moderator will recommend you to run 2 real-time protection at the same time as they conflict with each other, what explains freezing. So you have to choose.

I think you can use MBAM for on demand scanner only. "

So,what is the truth?

Thanks!

PS

I had MBAM Pro and Antivir running in the same time and I experienced freezing with some version of MBAM.

• Staff
Hi,

Acording to an Avira moderator MBAM Pro and Antivir are not compatible;

"Hi afrinita,

I think that no moderator will recommend you to run 2 real-time protection at the same time as they conflict with each other, what explains freezing. So you have to choose.

I think you can use MBAM for on demand scanner only. "

So,what is the truth?

Thanks!

PS

I had MBAM Pro and Antivir running in the same time and I experienced freezing with some version of MBAM.

Running Antivr on Jr's machine w\Malwarebytes, no issues.

There could be other issues. Especaiily since Antivir and Malwarebytes are not technically looking at the very same things.

If I may, Im in full agreement with TeMerc and if I may add, someone posted: "does MBAM run ok with Avira?" appx: 15 users replied back that they are having no problems with MBAM or Avira.

One of the more user friendly programs with Malwarebytes, is Avira.. just an FYI, I believe the post is 2 days old...

One of the reasons why I changed back to avast! was that I had Avira Pro on my old system and when I purchased a new Vista capable system I moved it to my XP Pro system as the old system died.

When Avira updated to V9 I started to have problems so they recommended I remove MBAM, Windows Defender and WinPatrol which I did knowing that those applications could not cause the problem I had.

When they could not fix the problem they said that it must be my system as it worked fine for them. I watched their forum for about a month with other people complaing about the problem and Avira saying that it was not their problem.

Avira is a good anti virus application otherwise.

The issue at stake is having Avira and MBAM both running in real time mode.

I would like to know if anyone has Avira Premium/Professional and MBAM Pro running concurrently in real time mode.

I have had problems with my PC freezing when l activate the real time protection of MBAM running concurrently with Avira Premium.

Currently, I have downgraded the real time protection of MBAM to as 'on demand protection. PC has been running OK, since then.