Not scanning for rootkits

I have a scan scheduled every night.  I have the program set to scan for rootkits but it doesn't. It shows Rootkits disabled. I noticed when I do a custom scan of say a pdf document that came in an email it also does not scan for rootkits and shows Rootkits disabled.

Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com

-Log Details-
Scan Date: 4/28/17
Scan Time: 2:28 AM
Logfile: 
Administrator: Yes

-Software Information-
Version: 3.0.6.1469
Components Version: 1.0.103
Update Package Version: 1.0.1825
License: Premium

-System Information-
CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: System

-Scan Summary-
Scan Type: Threat Scan
Result: Completed
Objects Scanned: 441384
Time Elapsed: 6 min, 42 sec

-Scan Options-
Memory: Enabled
Startup: Enabled
Filesystem: Enabled
Archives: Enabled
Rootkits: Disabled
Heuristics: Enabled
PUP: Enabled
PUM: Enabled

-Scan Details-
Process: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Module: 0

Registry Key: 0

Registry Value: 0

Registry Data: 0

Data Stream: 0

Folder: 0

File: 0

Physical Sector: 0
(end)

• Root Admin

Let's try a new clean removal and reinstall and see if that corrects the issue for you @cel01

Please read the following topic and then run the Malwarebytes Clean Removal tool mb-clean

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/196955-malwarebytes-mb-clean-tool/

The download link for the tool is:  https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean

Restart the computer when done and reinstall Malwarebytes 3 with the latest build again.

Here is the link for the latest installer
https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3

Thank you

Ron

I see the "removal" program follows thru and does the install so disregard my question about right clicking the program exe.

The program is reinstalled but looking at Dashboard the "Scan for Rootkits" was turned off.  I turned it on.  I am going to do a scan and see what the report says.

I did a full threat scan of my C drive, all ok and the Rootkit scan worked but found out in the "Custom scan" Rootkits will not be scanned for unless I choose the "whole" hardrive to scan.  I cannot just choose just one file. I didn't realize the program works that way. Sorry.

When I get a document in via my gmail or ISP email program, like a PDF or Doc or Docx etc. I save it out to my desktop and then do a "right click" scan with MWB to double check it and thought it would scan for rootkits along with anything else but according to the prompts Rootkits will only be scanned if I choose the "Whole" Hard drive.  

Gosh, I was hoping that the "right click" option to choose scan with MWB included the program looking for rootkits in that document. I never open attachments PDF, Word docs etc without doing a save to desktop then "Right Click" scan with MWB and "Right Click" scan with Defender before opening them.

I am a tad confused on what programs your company offers now.  Is there any program you offer that I can use to scan these documents in particular looking for Rootkits prior to opening them?

Thanks for your assistance. 

• Root Admin

An individual file itself, having not been run yet, cannot be in a state of being a rootkit. It can be a dropper or Trojan capable once ran, of installing a rootkit, but the file itself cannot be classified as a rootkit.

You can read a bit more here about the technology we use to protect the computer if you're using the paid version with protection modules.

Thank you

Ron