sync-eu.exe.bid — many occurrences day after day

AESaes

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 9:55 PM, AESaes said:

Dear Malwarebytes,

I have followed the instructions at 

and am attaching FRST.txt and Addition.txt. I will be extremely grateful for your help. Thanks in advance.

AESaes

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

2 hours ago, Aura said:

Dear Aura,

Thanks for pointing out to me that all attempts to access the .bid domain are being blocked. Am I to understand that Malwarebytes offers no tool for removing the cause? It is disconcerting to see very frequent notifications that an outward-bound attempt to access sync-eu.exe.bid has been blocked. I'm thankful for the block but very much want to eliminate the cause.

I'm curious to know what the two files I attached (FRST.txt and Addition.txt) showed in relation to the problem.

Best,
AESaes

1 hour ago, Aura said:

From what I've seen so far, connections to this domain aren't made via an infection, but when you access certain website (mostly email ones).

When do you get notifications for this block exactly?

Hi, Aura,

Thanks for getting back to me. Here is a sampling of sites at which I have received the block notifications:
apnews.com
imsorrytohear.com
malwarebytes.com
thehill.com
google.com
www.independent.co.uk
mail.google.com
weather.com
normsaysno.wordpress.com
occupydemocrats.com
www.seriouseats.com
www.nysun.com
www.syracuse.com
watch.spectrum.net
www.nytimes.com
yelp.com
www.facebook.com
microsoft.com
www.washingtonpost.com

I have received the block on both Chrome and Edge browsers.

Best,
AESaes

Sorry for the late reply. From your logs, I don't see that you are infected, though there are a few things we can remove.

Please start by uninstalling the two programs below:

• AVG SafeGuard toolbar
  • AVG Security Toolbar

Then we'll run a first fix with FRST.

iO3R662.pngFarbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) - Fix mode
Follow the instructions below to execute a fix on your system using FRST, and provide the log in your next reply.

• Download the attached fixlist.txt file, and save it on your Desktop (or wherever your FRST.exe/FRST64.exe executable is located);
  • Right-click on the FRST executable and select Spcusrh.pngRun as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);
  • Click on the Fix button;
    NYA5Cbr.png
  • On completion, a message will come up saying that the fix has been completed and it'll open a log in Notepad;
  • Copy and paste its content in your next reply;

fixlist.txt

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Aura,

Please forgive me for not having noticed your update of May 1st. 

Following your instructions today, I ran into some difficulty with the two AVG uninstalls. The first one, AVG Safeguard Toolbar, may or may not have uninstalled correctly. I received an on-screen message saying that there was a problem and offering some options, which I have now forgotten, but I managed to lose control of the message, and it disappeared. The program (AVG Safeguard Toolbar) is no longer displayed as an installed program. The second AVG program, AVG Security Toolbar, does not respond to my multiple uninstall attempts. I therefore did not proceed with the rest of your instructions.

I'd be grateful for your continued guidance.

Best,

AESaes