Cant start Malware Protection

Please help.  I ran the mb-clean tool linked in point #1 of your post.  It got hung and never finished.  If I try to run it again it says (like it should) that it is running and you can't run a second instance.  If I try to start Malwarebytes now it says 'cannot connect to service'.

How do I proceed?

OK I used task manager to do an End Task on your mb-clean tool, and that gave me the prompt to reboot.  I then responded yes to the prompt to re-install Malwarebytes.

So now Malwarebytes says I have version 3.0.6.1469 component package 1.0.103 update package 1.0.1784.  Is this the latest and greatest?

I'm worried that maybe this cleanup and re-install didn't work properly.  Here is the mb-clean.result.txt that this process put on my desktop.  

Please advise.

mb-clean-result.txt

• Root Admin

Please restart the computer one more time. Do not install Malwarebytes if prompted, cancel out of it. Then run the clean removal again as described below.

Please read and try the following. If the clean removal and reinstall works, great, if not then please post back all of the requested logs so we can check and see what's going on.

1. Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - Malwarebytes mb-clean tool (NOTE: After uninstalling with the mb-clean tool you will be asked to reboot.  Once you reboot it will ask you if you want to re-install Malwarebytes, you can select YES or you can download the latest version (currently v3.0.6 CU4.1) to re-install from HERE)
  2. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 4 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 4 logs are: mbam logs zipped, FRST.txt, Addition.txt and mb-checkResult.txt)
  3. NOTE: More info about the latest Malwarebytes 3.0.6 CU4.1 HERE; MB 3 User Guide ONLINE; MB 3 User Guide PDF; MB 3 FAQ: Malwarebytes 3.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

Please let us know how it goes.

Ron

Things seems to be working well now.  This is the second time since introduction of MWB3 that I have had to clean up and reinstall in order to pick up the latest component package and update package versions.  This is supposed to happen without all this intervention.

If I quit MWB3 and restart it, the protection modules all reenable themselves as they should now.  So far, no more hung scans that I have to nuke with task manager.

• Root Admin

As we find issues or research reported issues we try to fix them and update the program. We also try to update the program automatically but sometimes things beyond our control prevent it or sometimes it takes a while to roll out the update to millions of users.

Glad all is working for you now. I'll go ahead and close your topic now, but if you do need further assistance again please let us know.

Thank you

Ron