Malwarebytes protection module issue

I have done the mbclean twice, then installed the latest version 3.0.6.1469. It ran for 3 days OK if I never touched the Settings, just let the install defaults completely alone, not even opening "Settings." Since it ran with Malware Protection ON until this evening; now it won't turn on again. So, all the cleaning and new versions are not fixing the problem that has been around since December of 2016, which is by any standard, poor response.

A log file showed up on my desktop, names mb-clean-result.txt with the below contents:

2017-04-20 19:39:36.139   Error!! mbclean folder is not saved.
2017-04-20 19:39:57.733   Launching process:C:\WINDOWS\system32\schtasks.exe /Delete /F /TN mbclean
2017-04-20 19:40:09.248   Fail to launch C:\WINDOWS\system32\schtasks.exe /Delete /F /TN mbclean, reason:(Access is denied.)
2017-04-20 19:40:09.248   --------END OF LOG FILE ----------

This same file with identical content showed up on this morning's coming out of hibernate, but protection was still on, so I shut down (not hibernate) my Win 8.1 machine. When I rebooted this evening, the file had appeared again, but this time Malware Protection was off, and unable to be turned on.

• Root Admin

I've split the topic to its own.

@hallvw3

Please read and try the following. If the clean removal and reinstall works, great, if not then please post back all of the requested logs so we can check and see what's going on.

1. Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - Malwarebytes mb-clean tool (NOTE: After uninstalling with the mb-claen tool you will be asked to reboot.  Once you reboot it will ask you if you want to re-install Malwarebytes, you can select YES or you can download the latest version (currently v3.0.6 CU4.1) to re-install from HERE)
  2. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 4 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 4 logs are: mbam logs zipped, FRST.txt, Addition.txt and mb-checkResult.txt)
  3. NOTE: More info about the latest Malwarebytes 3.0.6 CU4.1 HERE; MB 3 User Guide ONLINE; MB 3 User Guide PDF; MB 3 FAQ: Malwarebytes 3.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you

Ron

Doing a Mb-Clean, installing again the recommended version, (3.0.6.1469), and running for two days on my Win 8.1 desktop indicates the problem of Malware Protection turning itself off is fixed. The last time it took three days for it to turn itself off, and should that happen again I will immediately collect the logs and send them to you.

Malwarebytes 3.0.6.1469 is now running successfully on my Windows 7 laptop and my Windows 8.1 desktop. This is very encouraging that the major bugs appear to be gone.