REGITDept

MBAE 1.09.2.1384 - Internet Explorer 11 (Latest Updates) Random Freezes

We are still on the 1384 version. We disabled the anti exploit on IE for a temp fix but still have the blank screen issue on some computers.  I checked the client to make sure "shields tab" that IE wasn't being monitored.  Only solution right now is to do complete uninstall on some machines.

If 1403 can fix the issue, please advise when will it be lauched for production with auto-update. We have over thousand of computers and we cannot update it one-by-one. Thanks.

Regards,

Dovelet

Hey REGITDept,

I would at least confirm on one pc if possible. We had a few customers that even after using that last build it was not fixed or the issue came back. So we made a minor change to help as well and we want to make sure everyone is good with this now.

Our computers that had .1398 installed and the issue re-developed (on a small sample of the pc's) we installed the .1403 patch on Friday PM.  So far, so good and we have not had the behavior re-develop as of current.

Thanks.

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 2:33 PM, Disclaimer said:

We are still on the 1384 version. We disabled the anti exploit on IE for a temp fix but still have the blank screen issue on some computers.  I checked the client to make sure "shields tab" that IE wasn't being monitored.  Only solution right now is to do complete uninstall on some machines.

Did you reboot? I noticed a reboot was required for most of our clients to take the IE shield disable change.

I too am experiencing this same issue, it seems to have made the entire wired network sluggish. 

Can I disable the IE shield from the console or do i need to do this from each workstation

Wonder why they haven't released 1403 when the others prior versions seemed to come out quickly. Maybe time just seems to be going slowly for me. ; )

Edited by robatwork

35 minutes ago, BrentB9193 said:

Alright guys, what's the deal here?  You've had ample time to troubleshoot and patch this.

Seriously. No updates? What's going on.

Oh, and this new version that you've allowed us to test is now freaking out about license activation! I'm not going to use licensing info on a test client. Sheesh.

Hi All,

We apologize for all the inconvenience caused. We are getting positive feedback from our business customers for whom the earlier fix did not work. This was a very critical fix and though the first test build worked for most of you, we have had to do a lot of debug sessions with a few customers, going back and forth to make sure our fix satisfied all scenarios.

We are looking to do an auto-upgrade to all our corp customers in the next week. Please do understand that to ensure the highest quality, we do need to go through a thorough internal regression testing before releasing a version to millions of our customers.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Please update the Management Console to better hand rolling back or applying test updates. The best option I could find to handle this is to deactivate the IE protection until you push out a fixed auto update for this. I should be able to roll back all clients to previous versions or once testing of 1403 build showed it resolved our issues, I should be able to push that out through the console manually without having to wait longer. The only other option to apply 1403 build or older build is to go around to each computer and manually install it and that really is not an option in most businesses.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:46 AM, M-Man said:

Please update the Management Console to better hand rolling back or applying test updates. The best option I could find to handle this is to deactivate the IE protection until you push out a fixed auto update for this. I should be able to roll back all clients to previous versions or once testing of 1403 build showed it resolved our issues, I should be able to push that out through the console manually without having to wait longer. The only other option to apply 1403 build or older build is to go around to each computer and manually install it and that really is not an option in most businesses.

+1 to this 100%, I wish the management console had more control over updating not only itself but on clients to

I see clients started auto-updating to MBAE Ver. 1.09.2.1413 this morning.  Hurray.  Can turn the IE shield back on.

Some of our computers are getting updated to 1413 build but some don't seem to be. There really needs to be a way to push updates to Anti-Exploit (and Malwarebytes) out to computers manually through the console.