MBAE 1.09.2.1384 - Internet Explorer 11 (Latest Updates) Random Freezes

Malwarebytes Team - If the feedback continues as positive, how soon will you release it so that it is available to auto-update via the management console?  Just trying to see if I need to dedicate more time to package/test/deploy.  Thanks.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, JimF said:

Malwarebytes Team - If the feedback continues as positive, how soon will you release it so that it is available to auto-update via the management console?  Just trying to see if I need to dedicate more time to package/test/deploy.  Thanks.

My question exactly.+1

This Build seemed to work from me, is there a ETA on when this will auto rollout to business clients?  Also has anyone noticed the Iexplorer.exe process not closing out now after the update.  IE opens up perfectly now but when I close it or several pages, 1 iexplorer.exe process always stays open.

• Staff

Hi All,

Good to know all the positive feedback on the fix. We will auto-update very soon. We are bundling up a few important fixes, some of them are currently in dev and test. We should have something out very soon. Will keep you posted.

Thanks.

14 minutes ago, Arthi said:

Hi All,

Good to know all the positive feedback on the fix. We will auto-update very soon. We are bundling up a few important fixes, some of them are currently in dev and test. We should have something out very soon. Will keep you posted.

Thanks.

So does that mean the Update will automatically go to our Ant exploit clients without intervention?

Edited by Abriggs

18 hours ago, Arthi said:

Yes, If you have Auto-update turned "ON" in your clients, you should get the update without intervention whenever we release it.

Well, that's good, but admins will still need to know WHEN this gets released so they can adjust any MWB-AE security policies accordingly. It won't matter if the client gets updated if the policy is still set to disable of the IE shield. Right now, I have to keep checking this forum twice a day to see what the status is of the official update.

4 minutes ago, StewOMC said:

Well, that's good, but admins will still need to know WHEN this gets released so they can adjust any MWB-AE security policies accordingly. It won't matter if the client gets updated if the policy is still set to disable of the IE shield. Right now, I have to keep checking this forum twice a day to see what the status is of the official update.

I second this.

19 minutes ago, Abriggs said:

We ended up unshielding IE , we found that easier then dealing with upset customers, just keeping a close eye on things until then.

We made our users aware that this was a Malwarebytes bug and that they needed to use Chrome in the meantime.  I don't trust them enough to unshield.

18 hours ago, BrentB9193 said:

We made our users aware that this was a Malwarebytes bug and that they needed to use Chrome in the meantime.  I don't trust them enough to unshield.

Unfortunately, we don't have that option for more than one financial website we have to deal with. Their cert/integration requires IE as the browser, so we had to unshield IE until MWB releases their fix. If nothing is announced/released today or Monday, I'm going to have to start modifying my company security groups and policies within the MWB-AE console so that I can modify the systems that access these sites by hand in order for me to install the unofficial working version.

FYI "Clint", in an earlier thread, seems to have reported this AE/IE problem back on March 26th, so this problem appears to have been happening a lot longer than April 21.

Edited by StewOMC

I know they've fixed it for some computers, but there's just been so many variables. I think it's been tough to make sure it's fixed for every possible configuration (i.e. Win version, what OS patches have been installed, what other AV software is installed and the version of the other AV software.) I tried one beta version they sent me a bit ago and it worked. Solved the problem. Then I found out it worked on some of our computers and not others. I sent them log files so they could get the details and figure out what was different.

• Staff

Hey everyone,

We have a new build we would like to have everyone test:

https://malwarebytes.box.com/s/iu4ii7jafj05cdktv1hqkzghkuzja7jj 1403.

This build is to fix the IE issue on some use cases where the last build did not fix it. We would like to get your feedback if this build still fixes the issue. Also, if the last build did not fix it, we want a confirmation if this build does. Let me know if you run into any issues with this build! 

Edited by Rsullinger

4 hours ago, StewOMC said:

Unfortunately, we don't have that option for more than one financial website we have to deal with. Their cert/integration requires IE as the browser, so we had to unshield IE until MWB releases their fix. If nothing is announced/released today or Monday, I'm going to have to start modifying my company security groups and policies within the MWB-AE console so that I can modify the systems that access these sites by hand in order for me to install the unofficial working version.

FYI "Clint", in an earlier thread, seems to have reported this AE/IE problem back on March 26th, so this problem appears to have been happening a lot longer than April 21.

For the amount of money I spend for MB I expect quicker resolutions than this.