REGITDept

MBAE 1.09.2.1384 - Internet Explorer 11 (Latest Updates) Random Freezes

Hello Everyone,

Seems like soon came sooner then I thought. We have a test build that we would like everyone to try on one or two computers with the issue. If you are willing to test this, please download this build and install it over the top:

https://malwarebytes.box.com/s/8ma5jwu414jnlolvg0s5zvyk20j4n07y

This is business build. So if anyone is using the consumer build, please use the one posted here:

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/184939-mbae-109-latest-standalone-beta/

Please let me know any feedback you have on the build! 

Did not work for me. :>(  Same behavior as before.  IE will open up two times in a row as all blank but on the third time, it opens to the home page, and nearly every time after that.  If I then kill off the Iexplore.exe process, which is still showing in Task Manager, then the process will repeat itself.

I am having the exact same issue. I opened up a new thread before I saw this one. Multiple computers in our network are randomly having this happen. Stopping the MbaeSvc service works to get around it as well. I tried taking the option off for protection for Internet Explorer VB Scripting which actually seemed to help the frequency and number of people this was happening to but it is still happening. Waiting to hear a fix for this. It has been going on for about 2 weeks. 

I installed the new version on one workstation that was having the problem, and changed our test policy to scan Internet Explorer again.  The problem is still occurring.  IE hangs on a white screen, without fully loading.

Hey Everyone,

I am sorry to hear that. Thank you for the feedback. Let me get this information back to our developer to see why it had no impact. 

Hi All,

I apologize for all the inconvenience this issue has caused. 

Since we are not able to replicate it internally, it is proving to be time-consuming to debug and fix the issue. But we are doing remote debug sessions with a few of our impacted customers and working on the fix. We will keep you posted as soon as we have a build. Thank you all for your patience. 

Edited by Arthi

7 minutes ago, Arthi said:

Hi All,

I apologize for all the inconvenience this issue has caused. As a temporary workaround, please disable IE as a shielded application.

Since we are not able to replicate it internally, it is proving to be time-consuming to debug and fix the issue. But we are doing remote debug sessions with a few of our impacted customers and working on the fix. We will keep you posted as soon as we have a build. Thank you all for your patience. 

What do I need to do after disabling IE shield as my IE still doesn't work even after making the change?  I tried restarting the AE service but IE is still broken.

Thanks for the feedback, BrentB9193. Just want to confirm a couple of things. Will PM you.

Are we still really no closer over a week after the product with the issue was release we have only just deployed Malware bytes to over 5000 users and have had to turn off the scanning of Internet Explorer its really not a great start.

Have people experienced these kind of issue with updates before do things tend to take a while to be fixed?

Very Small Sample.... So far so good for us.  No reboot and had immediate fix after restart of IE11.  Will see how the day goes with additional installs.

Good news here too... installed MBAE 1.09.2.1398 on a couple of PCs and IE now works as expected.  Will test further, and monitor this topic for others' feedback.

My two cents/FYI: Always reboot! :)

If the system you're installing this new exe is a system with the previous version that is being managed by the MWB Management Console, any deployed policy will probably override any manual settings (such as disabling the IE shield) that you change on said system, and you should verify any changes remain in place once you reboot (such as the now-enabled IE shield). In our MWB Management Console, we have a separate client group for our IT test systems, and I was able to install this new version onto them, create a new policy within the console ensuring the IE shield is enabled, and then deploy it to the test systems.

Anyhoo, just my two cents.

So far, so good. IE appears to be working again. Crossing fingers they figured it out!

Edited by StewOMC

As of 1:10 PM, the new build 1398 is looking very promising.

Will update again at the end of the day.

Thanks.

We too have installed on a few computers, so far, with favorable results.  Will install on a few more overnight and let the users test in the a.m. and post results