Real-Time Protection layers turned off Terre

For the last 3 days I keep getting the pop-up "Malwarebytes pop-up Real-time Protection layers turned off" as others have said above.

Version 3.0.6.1469
Component package version:  1.0.50
Update package version:  1.0.1188

Clicked the Turn on from the pop-up in the taskbar at 4:06pm and it pop-up again.  Clicked on the Settins button and RTP says Starting but although the button is green, the white dot shows that it's in the off position and simply says Starting...  (it's now 4:27pm and nothing is happening - still says starting)

I switch over to Dashboard and it says You're not fully protected.  The last scan was 8 hours ago.  From the Dashboard it also says Web protection: Off  I click on the Off, and it takes me to the Settings.  I feel I'm going around in circles.

What is the point of RTP, IF it doesn't protect in real time and I keep getting that dang pop-up message.

If MWB needs to update again with a fix, then it seems to me that that is what you should be doing.  Besides the fact your customers are complaining here, you can count on others who won't bother to post that are experiencing the same thing.

I think I will take GMork's suggestion and reinstall to the prior verson.  C'mon MWB, get on the ball.

• 2 months later...
  • Root Admin

Hello @Terre

Sorry, you're having issues with the program. I realize you may have done some of this already, but I don't see where you've supplied the requested logs when things were not working correctly.

1. Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - Malwarebytes mb-clean tool (NOTE: After uninstalling with the mb-clean tool you will be asked to reboot.  Once you reboot it will ask you if you want to re-install Malwarebytes, you can select YES or you can download the latest version (currently v3.0.6 CU4.1) to re-install from HERE)
  2. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 4 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 4 logs are: mbam logs zipped, FRST.txt, Addition.txt, and mb-checkResult.txt)
  3. NOTE: More info about the latest Malwarebytes 3.0.6 CU4.1 HERE; MB 3 User Guide ONLINE; MB 3 User Guide PDF; MB 3 FAQ: Malwarebytes 3.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank You,