Dell Minis

mountaintree16

Anyone seen the ads? Lately its been the lolipop lolipop ad, its kinda catchy ;) lol

Anyway, I was curious about them today, so I went to the site, dell.com/verizon, and I was surprised to see that the OS is Windows XP SP3. I thought that no computers were being sold with XP anymore, so that was kind of surprising, especially considering the fact that Windows 7 is on its way and Vista's already been out for a couple of years.

What do you think about that?

Kinda small, for an extra $200+ you can get a regular size notebook.. unless your checking out mini's, then you have to add the add on's ie: is it bare bones, 512mb ram, small HD? I need to look into them more than 1 website. just my 2 bits

• Staff

I know that here in the UK, manufacturers were giving the customers the option to have a new PC/laptop rolled back to XP rather than have Vista installed as many felt Vista was too problematic. Masy systems are still released with XP Sp3. Lets hope Windows 7 does a better job.

• 3 weeks later...

Eh, its sad when safety features are regarded as problematic :/

Sorry I'm just getting back to you, I couldn't find this before.

I know that here in the UK, manufacturers were giving the customers the option to have a new PC/laptop rolled back to XP rather than have Vista installed as many felt Vista was too problematic. Masy systems are still released with XP Sp3. Lets hope Windows 7 does a better job.