sync-eu.exe.bid issues

so what's the deal on this?  This forum listings says it's not a virus https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/195785-what-is-the-problem-with-sync-euexebid/

This just started happening on the Washington Post emails and now I'm seeing other strange pop-ups that didn't exist before.  I updated the database it went away and then started happening again. 

And even here it's saying it's just an advertising analytics platform https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_winother/sync-euexebid/a2f18771-d49a-44dc-8c2a-0dac6a8eb0b2

Yes, I got it when I got emails from Boston Globe and Brad's Deals. I don't really need those emails, so I unsubscribed. Now I am getting it with Overstock.com also. However, only when I look with my Yahoo email, doesn't seem to happen at all with the same emails in my Gmail. Weird.

• Root Admin

Hello @KarmicVisions and :welcome:

We are currently blocking the websites on the .BID domain for different types of threats. At this time it's best we check your system and remove any direct links back to that domain.

Please attach the logs from the scan show on this page below so that we can check and see what's going on with your system.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/9573-im-infected-what-do-i-do-now/

Thanks

Ron

• Root Admin

The box has some signs of at least minor possible infection. Let me have you run the following please.

Please restart the computer first and then run the following steps and post back the logs when ready.

STEP 01
Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.

• Shutdown your antivirus to avoid any conflicts.
  • Right click over JRT.exe and select Run as administrator on Windows Vista or Windows 7, double-click on XP.
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next reply message
  • When completed make sure to re-enable your antivirus

STEP 02

adwcleaner_new.png Fix with AdwCleaner

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save the file to your Desktop.

• Right-click on adwcleaner_new.png icon and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Accept the Terms of use.
  • Wait until the database is updated.
  • Click Scan.
  • When finished, please click Clean.
  • Your PC should reboot now.
  • After reboot, logfile will be opened. Copy its content into your next reply.

Note: Reports will be saved in your system partition, usually at C:\Adwcleaner

STEP 03
Download Sophos Free Virus Removal Tool and save it to your desktop.

• Double click the icon and select Run
  • Click Next
  • Select I accept the terms in this license agreement, then click Next twice
  • Click Install
  • Click Finish to launch the program
  • Once the virus database has been updated click Start Scanning
  • If any threats are found click Details, then View Log file (bottom left-hand corner)
  • Copy and paste the results in your reply
  • Close the Notepad document, close the Threat Details screen, then click Start cleanup
  • Click Exit to close the program
  • If no threats were found, please confirm that result.

STEP 04
Please download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens, click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). If you've, run the tool before you need to place a check mark here.
  • Please attach the Additions.txt log to your reply as well.

Thanks

Sorry I don't mean to hijack this post but is the solution above unique to this user or can it be used by other users with similar issues. My in-laws have a machine with the same disease and I have tried pretty much everything to clear it up with no luck. Help will be appreciated.

TIA

Maizo

• Administrators

Hi @Maizo, thanks for joining the Malwarebytes forum!

If you still need help, please create a new post here: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/forum/7-malware-removal-for-windows/ by clicking the teal "Start New Topic" button near the top and our experts can assist you one-on-one.

Thanks,
Cecile

• Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!