sync-eu.exe.bid blocked several times a day

CarlyKai

I've been getting the notice that sync-eu.exe.bid is blocked several times a day, for the past few days.  I'm not trying to reach that site.  The popup notice refers to Chrome, IP 136.243.131.32, port 51252.  I updated MalwareBytes and did a Threat scan yesterday and no threats were found.    But I'm still getting the "domain blocked" notices.

I don't have any Chrome extensions enabled.  I haven't tried Firefox or Internet Explorer to see if I get the same domain blocked notice.  Yesterday, I updated C-Cleaner and cleared out Chrome's history.  Microsoft Security Essentials is automatically updated every morning.  I also ran the MSE Full deep scan; it didn't find any viruses.

FWIW, MalwareBytes Premium didn't automatically update itself from 3-1-2017 through 4-10-17.  When I discovered that, I manually updated MalwareBytes two days in a row, and reported the updating problem.  Today, it looks like the database did update itself automatically; it's now v2017.04.12.01.  

Another FWIW, the "choose files" link below does not open up Explorer so that I could attach today's log.  Here's the text I'm copying from the most recent log's .txt file:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
www.malwarebytes.org

Detection, 4/12/2017 10:06 AM, SYSTEM, HP_H9-1270T, Protection, Malicious Website Protection, Domain, 136.243.131.32, sync-eu.exe.bid, 51252, Outbound, C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe, 
Detection, 4/12/2017 10:06 AM, SYSTEM, HP_H9-1270T, Protection, Malicious Website Protection, Domain, 136.243.131.32, sync-eu.exe.bid, 51252, Outbound, C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe, 
Detection, 4/12/2017 10:06 AM, SYSTEM, HP_H9-1270T, Protection, Malicious Website Protection, Domain, 136.243.131.32, sync-eu.exe.bid, 51270, Outbound, C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe, 

(end)

How do I remove this apparent threat, or if it's not a real threat, get MalwareBytes to stop giving me the notices?  Thx.

Thank you for the quick reply.  That's good that you're blocking all .bid domains, and I'm not attempting to visit such a domain.  But is there an infection in my PC that is initiating the attempt to access sync-eu.exe.bid in the first place, or are .bid servers broadcasting access attempts to any and all IP addresses?  Is there anything else I can or should do other than just let MalwareBytes continue blocking .bid domains?

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same issue with sync-eu.exe.bid, usually after visiting Yahoo Mail. I read on another forum one of the best solutions is to download and install Adblock Plus which is available for just about every web browser out there.

https://adblockplus.org/

After is is installed, choose Filter Preferences from the AdBlock menu, and on the Filter Subscriptions tab, uncheck the box that says "Allow some non-intrusive advertising".

I haven't had any issues since. And on the plus side, most web pages load a lot faster now.