Getting "sync-eu.exe.bid" blocked popup all the time now.

1 Description of issue;  Last Wed. or Thursday I started getting a popup window in the lower right corner of my screen when I went to certain websites syaing "Malicious Website Blocked."  The domain was "sync-eu.exe.bid."  Because it was blocked by Malwarebytes I ignored it at first.  But after about the fourth or fifth time it appeared, going to different websites, I decided there was something wrong and I googled the "sync-eu.exe.bid."  It brought me to a forum thread here on Malwarebytes where it had been a topic around February of this year.  Someone was getting the same popup as me.  The answer was that this was just some "false positive" and could be remedied if the person made sure his Malwarebytes database was updated.

So I updated. But the popup kept coming back. I was not going to weird websites...just ones I normally look at on a regular basis. Huffington Post, CNN, etc. Occasionally those have articles with links that I go to assuming they are safe links. The popups were not too frequent on that first day so I did not worry too much about it. But over the next couple of days the popup warning was coming up all the time. I mean it would appear and then fade and then come up again within seconds...all while on the same webpage. It comes up on my Outlook.com email page also.

The computer has not crashed or given me a blue screen.

So I took a screenshot and sent an email to your support contact page. So that is my brief description of the issue.  I am attaching the screenshot.

errorMsg_01.jpg

Logs.zip

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

MB-CheckResult.txt

After looking on the web about this, it seems that this is a form of advertising either by way of a cookie or whatever. I'm not the most brilliant computer guy around so I can't explain it very well, but for those who have Add Blocker Plus, if you go into the settings and UNCHECK the "Allow some non-intrusive advertising" box, you could eliminate the issue, or at least it has worked for me for about a day or so. Don't know what triggers it to pop up though.

• Root Admin

Adblock Plus is a great add-on as is NoScript but it's not getting to the root of the issue. I've asked another member to send me one of his emails so I can take a closer look. Having a bad or bogus advertisement on a website is common but most big sites if they know they're bad will remove them. Often times they may not know because it could go through a dozen or more sites before it comes back to the original site that is bad.

I installed the extension "Ublock" for Chrome.  It has stopped the error popup.  But it would be nice to know why it appeared just a week ago and if it can be removed.  Is it attached to Chrome itself?  So if I uninstall and reinstall Chrome will that take care of it?  Or must I reinstall Windows 10?  I will if I have to.  It is an all day procedure to reinstall all my programs so I hope I can find a resolve short of that.  but one has to do what one has to do.  Thanks for looking into this for me>