Avast scam

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the time I get the FRST on drive it will be late in the night for you. I'll post results for you when I'm done. I'm up around 10am your time everyday (retired). No Work. No paycheck. It's all good.Thanks for your help. Was gonna scrap this dog but now it's personal.....

What version of windows is on the laptop...?

I`ve attached a fix file, this file has a command to replace all system hives in the registry, when complete re-boot and see if your system will now boot either to Normal mode or Safe mode...

Save the attached file fixlist.txt to your flash drive, same place as FRST.
Now please enter System Recovery Options as you did to get the log.

Run FRST and press the Fix button just once and wait.
The tool will make a log on the flashdrive (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.

Re-boot, does it boot normally...?

fixlist.txt

it loads to desktop then  locks up. I was able to get to control panel and tried to uninstall Avast it said "it looks like Avast is already uninstalled do you want to remove from list of programs" I clicked yes and it is gone from control panel. Something is running in background but I'm unable to launch task manager so don't know what it is. Hard drive is spinning like crazy....locked up... 

Edited by olhardhead