topangajack

Is IDRIVE backup program really Ransomware?

Been using idrive cloud backup on my Win 7 PC for years, but today MWB quarantined it as Ransomware.  Is this a false positive?

Thanks

I will take a look at mine when I get home. It is going to end up a fp I think.

I just installed the latest version of IDrive (3.4.4) online backup, and the same thing happened - "Ransomeware" per MWB

IDrive support says there is nothing wrong with their program.  What to do?

I believe that this software is absolutely, without a doubt, malware. For 3 months I was getting notices from Comcast about going over my data limit. My monthly usage was upwards of 2TB/month! It took me a while to pinpoint the source but just today under Settings > Data Usage > Usage Details Per App, I found that idwutil_600.exe had been responsible for all of the data use. Task Manager > Network showed no data use by that program. I didn't even have the drive that was supposed to be backing up connected. I have no idea what data was supposedly uploading, but it wasn't any of my files.

On 4/25/2017 at 11:43 AM, topangajack said:

Porthos, did you have a chance to check on iDrive being a FP? 

Thanks

My I drive has never had a detection. I had forgotten about this post sorry.  My version is below.

2019-09-01_19h40_35.png