MalwareBytes & Windows 10 Creator's Update

1 hour ago, prombamuser said:

After we received the new component update, are we then able to change the Windows Action Center setting back to the recommended setting without Defender becoming disabled?

Yes.  I just downloaded the newest version 3.0.6.1469-10103 and it no longer disables Windows Defender with the Windows Action setting back to the default setting.

Things are really improved. I got the latest component update 1.0.103 using the Install Application Update. I rebooted just in case. I now have the Recommended setting for Windows Action Center and Defender seems to be running as well. I have the latest version 3.0.6.1469 and protection problems seem to be fixed. The only issue is the Exclusions, Sometimes entering the site names does not work; I have to enter the ip address. I know this is a known issue and are working on it. I also hope they add back the option to exclude from the pop up message. Also would like a backup/restore feature for settings, exclusions, protected applications, etc. This will make it easier to reinstall without having to configure again.

• 4 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, shotclock said:

Quick question: do we have to set up exclusions in MWB for Windows Defender/Virus & threat protection or vice versa? If so, is it different now for Win Creators?

You should not "have" to but I do it anyway on every computer I service just in case.