Malwarebytes Crashing Computer

Malwarebytes is crashing my computer during the pre-scan portion.  Entire screen freezes, can't move mouse, can't bring up task manager and just forced to hard restart.  This error also occurs in safe mode which I have tried numerous times.  Another note is on rare occasions I am able to scan my computer maybe (1/15 tries) and I've noticed that the Pre-Scan takes about 20 mins while the Scanning Memory takes less than a min (Scans about 1000 items which doesn't sound right).

• Steps to Reproduce: Hit Full Scan
  • Do you get the same result more than once if you follow the same steps? - Yes

Please advise.

MBAE Logs.rar

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

MB-CheckResult.txt

The following is ONLY my opinion I do not work for MB.

2 things I see here. First how is it on a THREAT scan. Which is the only scan you really need to ever run. Also with your computer do NOT try to do ANYTHING else during a manual scan. 

Second your computer is under powered for quite a few things very little free space to use as a page file and very little ram and processing power.

Processor: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU Z3735F @ 1.33GHz
Percentage of memory in use: 74%
Total physical RAM: 1976.89 MB
Available physical RAM: 510.75 MB
Total Virtual: 3953.78 MB
Available Virtual: 1715.88 MB

==================== Drives ================================

Drive c: (OS) (Fixed) (Total:18.9 GB) (Free:2.45 GB) NTFS ==>[system with boot components (obtained from drive)]

==================== MBR & Partition Table ==================

========================================================
Disk: 0 (Size: 29.1 GB) (Disk ID: 57419D49)

Hello @yoshi951:

Along with @Porthos's good advice, the version of Malwarebytes 3.0 in use is now obsolete.  The following clean install procedure will assist in getting closer to a solution:

Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - Malwarebytes mb-clean tool (after uninstalling you can download the latest version (currently v3.0.6 CU4) to re-install from HERE).

It is seen that you have another topic opened covering the same issue.  Please keep your replies to this topic and a request will be made to combine topics or close your earlier topic.

Please consider left-clicking the "Follow" button, near the upper-right corner of your topic, to receive timely email notifications about updates to your topic.

Thank you.

Edited by 1PW

@Porthos

Thanks I am aware that my system is very limited, my only concern is that I had no problems scanning my computer before and now it suddenly crashes.  I would like to clarify that I am using the Threat Scan, and all the results are from threat scan.

@1PW

Thanks I believe I have 3.0.5 version.  My previous post didn't have any additional info so I would appreciate if that thread is locked.

I also have a followup question for both of you.  Is the prescan supposed to take so long while the memory scan only takes 1 min with roughly 1000 scanned objects?  Seems really weird to me.

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Before version 3.0 ??

I had 3.0 which worked perfectly fine before and then it started crashing on the full scan/threat scan.  At that point I updated to 3.0.5 only to run into the same problem.  I was also wondering if pre-scan usually takes 20 mins while the memory scan only takes 1?  Please advise.