3.0.6.1469-1096 Kills Chrome/Extensions.

Install 1096: Chrome fails.  Quit or Uninstall: Chrome is happy.

Not sure what is happening with 1096? 1075 was fine, except for random protection items not starting.

Completely removed 1096 installs and reinstalled several times, same problem.

Running without malwarebytes for the time being.

Hello @Firerizer and :welcome:

If you followed the procedure at step #1 below (to include the Malwarebytes' mb-clean tool, then please proceed to step #2 below:

Please do remember to de-activate your Malwarebytes first before uninstalling or using the mb-clean removal tool

1. Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - Malwarebytes mb-clean tool (after uninstalling you can download the latest version to re-install from HERE)
  2. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 4 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 4 logs are: mbam logs zipped, FRST.txt, Addition.txt and mb-checkResult.txt)
  3. NOTE: More info about Malwarebytes 3.0.6 CU4 HERE; MB 3 User Guide ONLINE; MB 3 User Guide PDF; MB 3 FAQ: Malwarebytes 3.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

Thank you.

Edited by 1PW

Found a workaround for my Firefox problem in a Norton Forum post. I am running Norton Security and they have an Exploit Prevention feature in their Firewall.

I turned it off in Norton and back on in MB 3 and Firefox is fine.

Jim :ph34r:

Edited by Phone Man

7 minutes ago, Phone Man said:

Found a workaround for my Firefox problem in a Norton Forum post. I am running Norton Security and they have an Exploit Prevention feature in their Firewall.

I turned it off in Norton and back on in MB 3 and Firefox is fine.

Jim :ph34r:

That worked for me.

Thanks very much Phone Man.  Great Job!

Adding Cross reference to similar report of same issue (Chrome extensions crash upon launch, Chrome not functional) in different thread (sorry missed this existing report on my first pass).  Reports in that thread are also tracking MB component package 1.0.96 as start of the issue. 

Only successful workaround so far is to disable MB "Exploit Protection" for chrome.exe application (under MB Premium > Settings > Protection > Manage Protected applications).    

Don't bother uninstalling Chrome or MB, as this appears to be MB compatibility bug, rather than corrupted install of either program. Recommend just use the workaround to disable "Exploit protection" for affected programs until new fix from MalwareBytes.  

4 minutes ago, dcollins said:

We've been able to replicate this and are looking into solutions. It looks to be 32-bit Chrome with Norton Exploit Protection and MB3 Exploit Protection. Switching to 64-bit Chrome where applicable, or disabling one of the Exploit Protections will solve the issue for the time being

Ah, there is the difference.  I am using 64-bit Chrome and as I mentioned, it is working for me.  Glad you guys were able to figure it out.

• 2 weeks later...

I disabled Norton Security's exploit protection ( Norton > Settings > Firewall > Intrusion and Browser Protection > Exploit Prevention = OFF) and upgraded to Google Chrome 64-bit (was 32-bit) version, now issue resolved (not sure if both changes required, but I didn't intend to have exploit protection running under both Norton Security and MB3 anyway).