Cannot activate my license

Hello @Katzenjammer:

Please follow the steps within Having problems using Malwarebytes? Please follow these steps: to give the Malwarebytes' developers/staffers/helpers the data they require to analyze your system's issue.  Along with any appropriate screen grabs, please separately attach the four (4) data files from steps 6, 7, and 8 in a reply to this topic.

Thank you.

YES and ... after entry of Key and ID a green check mark appeared adjacent to ID box but 'activate license' legend remained dull.  Only choices avail for click selection were upgrade and cancel

... and ...

Key and ID from 2 to 3 .  Before install of  3.0.6 CU4 was at

Malwarebytes Version:             3.0.6.1469

Component package version:   1.0.50

Update package version:           1.0.1624

@Katzenjammer please check your key to see if there's an ID you need to enter as well. If your key is 4 groups of 4 characters (IE: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX), it will also need an ID (should be in your email from when you signed up). If your key is 4 groups of 5 characters (IE: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX) you should not need an ID.

If that doesn't help, can you please PM me the key you're trying to use?

dcollins --- Key and ID required.  Key is 4 groups of 4 characters (IE: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX) as you stated.

After entry of Key and ID a green check mark appeared adjacent to ID box.  Green check mark adjacent to Key box did not appear. 'activate license' legend remained dull.  Only choices avail for click selection were upgrade and cancel.

In the course of trips from MB2 to MB3 and back again do not recall ever deactivating my license in MB2. Sometimes maybe or maybe not intrinsic?

Before install of  3.0.6 CU4 was at Malwarebytes Version: 3.0.6.1469 || Component package version:  1.0.50 || Update package version:     1.0.1624

What does PM mean??

Edited by Katzenjammer

Ok, thank you for confirming that.  The reason I ask is that there is a known issue with copy/pasting from a PDF where some extra unicode characters wreak a little havoc with the process.  Just wanted to make sure you weren't running into that.

Regarding your question above, "PM" means "private message."  You can click on Devin's avatar / picture and then click the Message button at the top to send him a private note.

To simplify, I'll send you a message so all you have to do is reply.  :)