install application updates - what was this ?

hi

not sure why mbam is not to show "a new update Notification windows" so the software not prompt me if "there was an new version available" since there a topic about latest version which tell us an new version is now available !

but when I lunch the software and hover at setting >application .... there is a message like this "install application updates" - what this mean  ?

We have a couple different types of updates, and some of them act differently.

• Database Updates: These are updates to the way we detect threats. These are released multiple times a day and are delivered silently. When you click Check for Updates on the dashboard, this is what is being updated. These also update when you start a scan. You can control the automatic updates for this on the Premium version by going to Settings -> Protections and scrolling down to the updates section.
  • Component Updates: These are generally stability based updates, like the ones we released today (1.0.75 -> 1.0.96). We'll sometimes include new features, but there's no UI changes here. These come out sporadically based on the features we're working on. These are also installed silently in the background. To control these, you can adjust the settings in Settings -> Application in the Application Updates section. Clicking Install Application Updates will search for these updates. These are not affected by the "Notify me when full version updates are available"
  • Full Version Updates: These are updates that require interaction from the user as they run a full installer (3.0.5 -> 3.0.6). These can change the UI, improve stability, and add new features. These come out much less often than Component Updates and aren't on a set schedule. The "Notify me when full version updates are available" setting impacts if you get notified about this. Clicking Install Application updates will search for these types of updates as well.

Hopefully that answered your question, if not, let me know

• 1 month later...

On 3/30/2017 at 1:02 AM, dcollins said:

We have a couple different types of updates, and some of them act differently.

• Database Updates: These are updates to the way we detect threats. These are released multiple times a day and are delivered silently. When you click Check for Updates on the dashboard, this is what is being updated. These also update when you start a scan. You can control the automatic updates for this on the Premium version by going to Settings -> Protections and scrolling down to the updates section.
  • Component Updates: These are generally stability based updates, like the ones we released today (1.0.75 -> 1.0.96). We'll sometimes include new features, but there's no UI changes here. These come out sporadically based on the features we're working on. These are also installed silently in the background. To control these, you can adjust the settings in Settings -> Application in the Application Updates section. Clicking Install Application Updates will search for these updates. These are not affected by the "Notify me when full version updates are available"
  • Full Version Updates: These are updates that require interaction from the user as they run a full installer (3.0.5 -> 3.0.6). These can change the UI, improve stability, and add new features. These come out much less often than Component Updates and aren't on a set schedule. The "Notify me when full version updates are available" setting impacts if you get notified about this. Clicking Install Application updates will search for these types of updates as well.

Hopefully that answered your question, if not, let me know

Hi @dcollins

Thank you for your response and for the detailed explanation.! :rolleyes:

I have one more question which is blow :

if I clicked on " install application updates " this will only search for a stable version but not for a beta version ? is that correct or no ?

if no then how can I enable the beta channel to searching for "beta version" so to be installed on my system .

Edited by Gt-truth

OK @dcollins I have removed the stable version (mb3-setup-consumer-3.0.6.1469-10103) as of yesterday and I have install the beta version (mb3-setup-consumer-3.1.0.1716) and it seem working much better ! and I have just noticed there is a new beta version available for download as of this sticky topic blow .

however with the beta version (mb3-setup-consumer-3.1.0.1716) installed on my system  I have to click on "install application updates" to checking for a new update but it says "progress: no updates are available" even with a new version of beta is already available for download which is (mb3-setup-consumer-3.1.1.1722) yes I know there no way to search for beta as you said but I wonder if I have beta already installed (3.1.0.1716) then it should to install the new next beta ( 3.1.1.1722 ) ? how about if a new stable version were Released >? the software will updates itself from a beta to next stable version or no ? still I wondering here .... as I just downloading the beta mb3-setup-consumer-3.1.1.1722 !

as I have beta installed so when I click on "install application updates" the software will not search for next beta neither for next stable since this beta version were installed ? but there another way to made the program to updates itself with stable version as in background (silently updates) is that correct or no . if no . correct my info .

so do I need to uninstall the old beta to install the new beta ?

Hello @Gt-truth

Even though you will not be able to get the Application updates for the Beta build, you should still receive the Database updates and the Component updates automatically.

You don't need to uninstall the old Beta build, you can over install the latest Beta build over the older one.

Thank you.

19 minutes ago, nikhils said:

Hello @Gt-truth

Even though you will not be able to get the Application updates for the Beta build, you should still receive the Database updates and the Component updates automatically.

You don't need to uninstall the old Beta build, you can over install the latest Beta build over the older one.

Thank you.

HI @nikhils

good to know this and now I have latest beta installed and it working nicely ! thanks to you and you’re welcome .