Component Update 3

Apparently MBAM is vulnerable to letting the bad guys win and there is an update for 3.0.6 that I do not see that corrects the defect.  I am still looking for an OFFICIAL page on the Malwarebytes site where they publish the history of the software that details what version I should have since we have all had software products that failed to upgrade/update properly.  Merely posting 3.0.6 where there is all sorts of other info on the About tab is frustrating...How on earth does one know they are up-to-date?  Nowhere does it say "Component Update 3" as posted on the news site...The author of that article could not have just made up the lingo...  I see CU3 and CU4 references in the forums that MIGHT be the same thing, but who knows?  I double dog dare someone at Malwarebytes to give this info to their parents and see how confused they will be... Something as simple as verifying I am up-to-date and protected with all patches/updates should not be this difficult.

Malwarebytes vesion 3.0.5.1469

Component package version 1.0.75

Update package version 1.0.1623

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/new-attack-uses-microsofts-application-verifier-to-hijack-antivirus-software/