3.0 Corrupted PDF Preview Handler

Yesterday, I got the message that 3.0 was available so I installed it. When the message saying not all protection was available the computer froze. I was advised to uninstall 3.0 and go with the 3.06 beta. Meanwhile, after all this it now appears that I can no longer preview PDF attachments in Outlook 2010. Previewing these docs worked fine up until MB 3 was installed yesterday. Now I can't fix this at all. 

I really need to figure this out as I need to be able to preview these files. 

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks. 

Hello... Can you post the requested logs below so @dcollins can review them (or someone else from staff)

1. Please read the following and attach to your next reply the 4 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 4 logs are: mbam logs zipped, FRST.txt, Addition.txt and mb-checkResult.txt)
  2. NOTE: More info about Malwarebytes 3.0.6 CU4 HERE; MB 3 User Guide ONLINE; MB 3 User Guide PDF; MB 3 FAQ: Malwarebytes 3.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank You,

Firefox

Sorry for the multiple threads. I will stay here. Those logs are gone as I guess they were removed by the cleaner tool. Are there any places I should look to make sure MB is completely removed? 

I have also removed all Adobe Acrobat and Reader programs using Adobe's cleaner tool. Once I have confirmed that MB is completely gone, I will reinstall the Adobe products to see what happens. 

Thanks. 

If you would like to check see if these folders exist, and if so delete them.... (you will have to have admin rights to do so)

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware

Depending if you had a previous v2 version installed check this folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes

OK, so I removed Acrobat and Reader and then reinstalled Acrobat. The Preview is now working in Outlook 2010....knock on wood. 

Now I'm confused on which version of MB I should install. I was initially told 3.06 but now you're saying CU4. So please clarify if you would. 

or maybe I should wait for a solid/stable release version. 

Thanks. 

3.0.6 is the latest full version of Malwarebytes. When then release "Component Updates", or CUs, in the background, and as full installers, that provide updates to the stability of the program. The easiest way to tell is to look at your about page under settings.

Component Package Version 1.0.75 is CU3

Component Package Version 1.0.96 is CU4

CU4 is still technically in beta, but it's quite stable and fixing issues for most people. Once CU4 is fully released, you will automatically get it. But you can download it and install it from the following thread if you want to get it now:

Edited by dcollins