Anti-root kit supplement

If I don't run the fixdamage.exe in the plug-in folder, will running the Anti-root kit supplement program do anything after I scan and cleanup ?

I had one person told me it's good enough just to "scan" and then "clean up". I had another person actually told me that I had to go into the plug-in folder and click the fixdamage.exe (which I did not even know about)

Edited by Irvineboy

• 2 months later...

You don't need to run fixdamage.exe manually in most cases.  If a rootkit is detected on the system which is known to break any of the things repaired by fixdamage.exe then Malwarebytes will run it automatically during cleanup.  That said, if you still see issues after cleanup such as Windows Update not working, the Windows Firewall being disabled (when no other firewall is installed, of course), Windows Defender not working when it should be or broken internet connectivity then you may run it manually if you wish in order to see if it resolves the remaining problems.  However, if the system is functioning normally after the cleanup then running fixdamage.exe really shouldn't be necessary.