Is Malwarebytes already obsolete?

First let me start by saying that I have been a long long time user of Malwarebytes, and have recommended it or installed it on many a users computer.

But I must confess, this latest fiasco concerning the many bugs within version 3.0 and the 4 months it took to resolve, really has me doing a whole lot of soul searching.

Yesterday, I installed the latest attempt to fix the problems, BETA CU4. So far, this is the longest I have been able to go without an error message, 26 hours..WooHooo !!

A quick word to the wise, make sure before you attempt to try the above Beta out, you know your software key, because you will have to completely remove any prior versions from your system before you install the Beta. A simple reinstall will not work.

So, here's my point to my post, and I'd like to hear other user opinions as well as Malwarebytes employee comments including  @RubbeR DuckY :

Just about every major Anti-Virus solution available today provides malware, ransomware, and malicious website protection, what makes Malwarebytes unique anymore?

What if anything, does one gain by ditching their AV software in favor of Malwarebytes, if the AV software they already own has the same protection?

Is Malwarebytes really a true substitute for an AV product, does Malwarebytes have any independent AV test lab results?

Do they have any head to head comparisons with the major AV suppliers?

Why does Malwarebytes take such as large amount of memory to run, when compared to the AV leaders such as Kaspersky and others?

And now, in light of recent news that signatures and heuristics aren’t enough to stop ransomware anymore, where does that leave Malwarebytes, and the other AV solutions?

See these articles: https://www.sonicwall.com/docs/why-you-need-a-sandbox-to-stop-ransomware-technical-brief-24900.pdf and https://www.sonicwall.com/docs/solution-brief-putting-a-solid-sandbox-in-place-technical-brief-24826.pdf 

Granted, these are concerns that may be more for the business user, but it's only a matter of time before all computer users will be affected or should I say infected.

Edited by JohnGibel

Although I have uninstalled MBAM2 at time, because the IP-protection doesn't realy work both in MB3 and MBAM2 and by that MBAM2 and MB3 are rather useless for me until that issue is solved, I still have sympathy for MB.

Nevertheless I regrettably must agree to all of JohnGibbel's remarks.

I even have to add one more point:

It upsets me the most, when Malwarebytes still claims in its promotion for MB3, that MB3 can replace an AV.

Simultaneously you can read here some, admittingly seldom remarks from staff members, that they say MB3 isn't a replacement of an AV - one should run an AV additionally. 

What a contradiction!

And for customers or maybe future customers, who visit this forum, is this contradiction exactly the opposite of a good promotion.

Edited by GMork