Updates ONLY broken with License activated

Since March 23rd the Update-System is no longer working...

I did an uninstall, used the Cleaner, installed new MB by using the latest MB 3.0.6.1469.

Still no success - BUT: if I deactivate my License, everything works (updates are coming in), as soon as I activate my License again, the update-system is broken again.

Verfified this strange behavior on two different PCs and a friend of mine has the same problem with his PCs.

I am not willing to deactivate and re-activate my License every day, so you should address this problem asap.

I have a License key and a License ID - I previuosly used the old Business Edition stand-alone, maybe it's a problem with 'old' license-keys/IDs ?

Edited by Duncan_WotU
typo fixed

We're having the same problem here. Can't get updates to work on all 8 machines we have Premium installed on. I tried the uninstall/reinstall on two machines and got the " Awesome you're protected " screen for about an hour. Manually trying to update does nothing. Running a manual scan does nothing. Restarting does nothing. I contacted support last Friday 3/24 and other than the automated response haven't heard anything. Version 3.0.6.1469. Component package 1.0.75. Update version 1.0.0. Ours stopped working sometime after our auto renewal on 3/17/17.

Edited by mfregeau

15 minutes ago, Firefox said:

They are having an issue with the current version, if you have a modified hosts file that could be what your seeing....

If you like attach a copy of your hosts file for review, or reset your hosts file back to defaults and it should work...

Did you read my posting?

It has NOTHING to do with the hosts file!!

It's a problem with activated license!

I had tested it with and without modified hosts file! ONLY the activated license is the cause!

Yes I read your post... and its why I replied...

Let's try this first.... (Please remember to de-activate your Malwarebytes first before un-installing or using the clean removal tool)

1. Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - Malwarebytes mb-clean tool (after uninstalling you can download the latest version to re-install from HERE) (If you prefer to test the latest Malwarebytes 3.0.6 CU4 -- BETA Preview which corrects many issues with the current version you can get it from HERE)
  2. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 4 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 4 logs are: mbam logs zipped, FRST.txt, Addition.txt and mb-checkResult.txt)
  3. NOTE: More info about Malwarebytes 3.0.6 CU4 HERE; MB 3 User Guide ONLINE; MB 3 User Guide PDF; MB 3 FAQ: Malwarebytes 3.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank You,

Firefox

11 minutes ago, Firefox said:

Yes I read your post... and its why I replied...

Let's try this first.... (Please remember to de-activate your Malwarebytes first before un-installing or using the clean removal tool)

1. Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - Malwarebytes mb-clean tool (after uninstalling you can download the latest version to re-install from HERE) (If you prefer to test the latest Malwarebytes 3.0.6 CU4 -- BETA Preview which corrects many issues with the current version you can get it from HERE)
  2. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 4 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 4 logs are: mbam logs zipped, FRST.txt, Addition.txt and mb-checkResult.txt)
  3. NOTE: More info about Malwarebytes 3.0.6 CU4 HERE; MB 3 User Guide ONLINE; MB 3 User Guide PDF; MB 3 FAQ: Malwarebytes 3.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank You,

Firefox

I've read this reply in numerous posts. I've done all of the steps listed on 1 of the 8 business computers we have it installed on and nothing works. How much time do I spend trying to fix something that's not our fault AND that we paid for? I'm also not an it professional and didn't think I had to be to make paid software work. It worked for months after our original install on all 8 machines. Broke on all 8 machines sometime after auto renewal on 3/17/17

Edited by mfregeau
added text

13 minutes ago, Firefox said:

Sometimes the replies may land in your junk/spam folders, have a look there if you haven't yet...

I will point someone from staff to check on your ticket @AdvancedSetup will probably take a look at it when he gets online...

We are not using the business version. 

Edited by mfregeau
spelling

22 minutes ago, dcollins said:

Are you using a business license to try and activate MB3? If so, that's not supported at this time which is why you don't have an installation token.

I had purchased two business licenses BEFORE 3.0 came up - not used as Endpoint-Protection, but as stand-alone!!

So I have a License-Key AND a License-ID -> when 3.0 came up, I deleted the old business standalone and used 3.0 Premium instead as it seems the business version is discontinued as a stand-alone installation and I don't want/need an Endpoint-Protection as I have NO SERVER.

I used the Business-Key/-ID on 3.0 and it worked perfectly since March 23rd!

My two OLD Business Licenses are automatically renewing, so I assumed it will work on 3.0 premium (as it had before). So if business won't work anymore what should I do?

52 minutes ago, Duncan_WotU said:

I had purchased two business licenses BEFORE 3.0 came up - not used as Endpoint-Protection, but as stand-alone!!

So I have a License-Key AND a License-ID -> when 3.0 came up, I deleted the old business standalone and used 3.0 Premium instead as it seems the business version is discontinued as a stand-alone installation and I don't want/need an Endpoint-Protection as I have NO SERVER.

My two OLD Business Licenses are automatically renewing, so I assumed it will work on 3.0 premium (as it had before). So if business won't work anymore what should I do?

work with @dcollins and he will help you sort it out...

I'm also having this issue. I have an ID along with my Key, from purchasing a while ago (5/5/11). Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling per the instructions listed in this thread and others. Still no dice. Would really appreciate it if the MBAM folks would discuss the solutions publicly so all of the users experiencing this can have it resolved, rather than going into private messages. I am also using the home version, not the business version. Do I really need to open my own separate ticket? Let me know, thanks.

4 hours ago, Duncan_WotU said:

sorry - I had a typo -> should be: I used the Business-Key/-ID on 3.0 and it worked perfectly UNTIL March 23rd!

@dbl219 we're discussing as publicly as we can right now, there isn't much detail to share that will allow users to fix it on their end, we're still researching why the issue is happening and will post the solution details while we can. The only time I'm asking for PM's is when I ask for users license keys, as those shouldn't be posted publicly where other users can grab them

1 hour ago, dcollins said:

@dbl219 we're discussing as publicly as we can right now, there isn't much detail to share that will allow users to fix it on their end, we're still researching why the issue is happening and will post the solution details while we can. The only time I'm asking for PM's is when I ask for users license keys, as those shouldn't be posted publicly where other users can grab them

Thank you, Mr. Collins!

If you need more license keys/ids, plz feel free to contact me (I have two license keys/ids), which disable the update-system of MB 3.0.6.1469 as soon as they were entered. After deactivating the keys/ids, the update-system works as expected, but all premium functions are disabled. I only have the choice of using the free version with auto-update, or the premium version without updates. Deactivating, updating and activating on a daily basis is not an option for me :( !