How to test MBAM???

So far I managed to have MBAM started at boot, without any problems; time to test it now :

Web protection: hxxps://109.98.161.218/ would trigger an alert, so is good

Exploit protection: Bank of Montreal somehow would trigger an exploit alert: https://www1.bmo.com/onlinebanking/cgi-bin/netbnx/NBmain?product=5

Malware protection:   ???????

Ransomware protection:  ??????

Open to any suggestions....

To test the ability of the program to find malware you can download EICAR test, not sure if Malwarebytes works with EICAR though. But if you want to test its ability to remediate malware then you will have to be infected for real and that's dangerous. The same with ransomware.

If you want to test I'd advise you to do it in a sandbox or virtual machine.

EICAR is not a test anymore... Each and every AV would detect eicar based on signature, so eicar is basically "built-in" in each antivirus.

I would like to have some sort of malware which would trigger MBAM; otherwise , is just a nice story about the "next replacement of your antivirus"

BTW,  MBAM is not tested on AT Comparatives or AV Test.

EICAR works if you want to know if the signature engine is working.

These companies only tests antivirus, not antimalware. Malwarebytes is not an antivirus, it acts way differently than antivirus so to test it you will have to elaborate specific tests with real malware, real exploits and real ransomwares on it's protection modules, which these testing companies doesn't seems willing to do so complain at them not Malwarebytes.

What you are asking for needs real malware and ransomware, if you want to test, the only way is to deliberately infect a system with Malwarebytes installed which you can do by using sandboxes or VMs.

Anyways wait for someone from staff to answer you they maybe can have a way for you to test the program without risking your safety.

Edited by axkazex93
Companies not websites

4 minutes ago, axkazex93 said:

EICAR works if you want to know if the signature engine is working.

This test is worthless with Malwarebytes because Malwarebytes is not an anti-virus program.

As far as testing with malware, I would advice against it unless you know what your doing and you know how to clean your computer if you get infected.

6 hours ago, Firefox said:

As far as testing with malware, I would advice against it unless you know what your doing and you know how to clean your computer if you get infected

I shouldn't get infected , as long as I run MBAM :)

Joke aside, at a certain point anybody would want to test the "new and improved" MBAM somehow,  as long as MBAM refuses to participate in AVComparatives or AV Test .

I ran v2 for years and I never got any detection before my AV (other than Web protection, most of the FP's).

So, seems to be a legitimate question....

7 hours ago, lock said:

I shouldn't get infected , as long as I run MBAM :)

There will always be zero-day malware that will slip by most protection schemes, even MBAM. If you choose to challenge test MBAM I strongly recommend that you confine testing to a VM (isolated from your network) unless, as @Firefox cautioned, that you are able to exhume an infected PC,