Don't want to update Program Version -- Update Problem

Kyle0814

I am currently on MalwareBytes Program Verison 2.2.1.1043 and today MalwareBytes asked me to update to Program Version 3.0, which I tried and did not like. So I reinstalled the old version of the program.

Now, every time I click on it, there is a popup that says "A new version of MalwareBytes is ready to be installed." and also there is a yellow banner at the top of the program telling me "Your Program Version is out of date"

I checked the settings and found under "Update Settings" > "Check for program updates when checking for database updates." I turned it off but it is still doing it.

I want to fix this issue. How can I get it done? Thanks for any help you can provide!

1 hour ago, 1PW said:

Hello @Kyle0814:

If you wish to have the system in question remain running MBAM 2.2.1.1043, please follow @Firefox's instructions at https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/198185-how-turn-off-messages-to-upgrade-to-mb3/?do=findComment&comment=1111055

Thank you.

Thank you very much! I did not see this. It worked perfectly! :)

1 hour ago, Kyle0814 said:

Thank you very much! I did not see this. It worked perfectly! :)

Addition:

One thing that I would suggest to people: Although (Step 2) "Enable self-protection module" may be helpful in some cases, I found it to be actually a problem in some cases. If you close the MalwareBytes, it prevents you from opening some programs (like Chrome) and copying some files (I think it depends on the location but either way...). Because of this, I disabled it, and suggest others do too, especially if they plan to toggle MWB for any reason. Thank you again Firefox! :)