Access is denied

XeXKronos

When trying to delete a file it gives me the message "The file you have specified does not exist or is not visible to fileAssasssin. Please select another file." I am trying to get rid of any Steam files on my computer. As some of them give me the message "Access is denied" and will not let me download updates for my games. 

• 1 month later...

You could try taking ownership of the files in question as this sounds like a permissions issue.  Instructions on doing so may be found here.  Information on adding a special "Take Ownership" command to the right-click context menu for files and folders (something I do on my systems for issues like this) can be found here, including a reg file to automatically add it to your context menu.  Also, as typically such files initially have permissions set for TrustedInstaller (the Windows Installer system service/user associated with system software installations/files etc.) you may also want to be able to restore such permissions for files/folders thus a reg file to add that option to your context menu for files and folders may be found here.

I hope this information was helpful.