Fix Unable to Update

Uninstall Malwarebytes , you can use mb-clean-2.4.1.1007.exe

Restart computer

Install new malwarebytes with mb3-setup-consumer-3.0.6.1469.exe

Run update

Install mb3-setup-consumer-3.0.6.1469-1.0.96.exe

Its work for me, i think the problem is from mb3-setup-consumer-3.0.6.1469-1075.exe

MP3.0.6_zpsdgh2xnaf.jpg

MP3.0.6.1469.1.0.96.1.0.1598_zpsi4zcgcid

Not really. In my last comment in this post I was using a clean installation of the last CU4 build and the problem still persists.

It seems that the problem is that Malwarebytes for some odd reason is unable or refuses to connect when there is an edited HOSTS file in the computer. I tested with both clean and edited HOSTS file. But the problem seems random because some other people were able to update even with an edited HOSTS file.

Edited by axkazex93

On 3/27/2017 at 11:03 AM, axkazex93 said:

Not really. In my last comment in this post I was using a clean installation of the last CU4 build and the problem still persists.

It seems that the problem is that Malwarebytes for some odd reason is unable or refuses to connect when there is an edited HOSTS file in the computer. I tested with both clean and edited HOSTS file. But the problem seems random because some other people were able to update even with an edited HOSTS file.

Yes, you right.

the problem can fix if you uninstall and clean registry and reboot.

Install mb3-setup-consumer-3.0.6.1469.exe

Don't Run Scan Run Update until finish

Install mb3-setup -consumer-3.0.6.1469-1.0.96.exe

It's work for me. Until today scan and auto update work fine.

Something not match update between 3.0.6.1469-1075.exe and 3.0.6.1469-1.0.96.exe

• 3 weeks later...

Until Today My Malwarebytes working perfectly.

mb3.0.6.260417_zpssirqpmqa.jpg

mb3.0.6.1469.1.0.1809260417_zpsinutlurx.

First uninstall malwarebytes, and restart computer.

Install mb3-setup-consumer-3.0.6.1469.exe [53MB]

Download from here

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0Bzc_nPVoleysX1dxR1NHWDE4aUU

Run update

Install mb3-setup-consumer-3.0.6.1469-1.0.96.exe [56MB]

download from here

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0Bzc_nPVoleysb3VCTkJBOEdJaHc

run scan

It's work for me,

Hello @Forestboy:

It is unfathomable why someone would assume the incredibly high risk of downloading/installing obsolete (both Google URLs above) system security software from an unvetted source when the very highest integrity, and most up-to-date MB3 download sources, are always here along with the efficient Malwarebytes written clean-up utility that will likely preserve the MB3 license key (when applicable).

Simply download/run the mb-clean-{version].exe utility from the first locked/pinned topic at the beginning of this sub-forum.

Edited by 1PW

On 4/26/2017 at 4:36 PM, 1PW said:

Hello @Forestboy:

It is unfathomable why someone would assume the incredibly high risk of downloading/installing obsolete (both Google URLs above) system security software from an unvetted source when the very highest integrity, and most up-to-date MB3 download sources, are always here along with the efficient Malwarebytes written clean-up utility that will likely preserve the MB3 license key (when applicable).

Simply download/run the mb-clean-{version].exe utility from the first locked/pinned topic at the beginning of this sub-forum.

I can not find any more download setup program link mb3-setup-consumer-3.0.6.1469.exe and mb3-setup-consumer-3.0.6.1469-1.0.96.exe in malwarebytes
Therefore I try to upload in google drive download file setup from malwarebytes I have.

Hello @Forestboy:

The mb-clean-{version].exe utility may be downloaded from within the first pinned topic in this sub-forum.  During the execution of mb-clean, the release version of mb3-setup will be downloaded/installed.

The current release of mb3-setup-consumer-[version].exe could still be individually downloaded from the second pinned topic, in this sub-forum.  However, as stated above, the mb-clean utility would have downloaded/installed the mb3-setup executable automatically.  Files from this forum are always the highest in integrity.

HTH

@Forestboy the version you wanted to download mb3-setup-consumer-3.0.6.1469-1.0.96.exe is an older version, the latest version is mb3-setup-consumer-3.0.6.1469-10103.exe.  The current version seems to be working better for most folks, although still has some bugs that need fixing.

If you are looking to get an older version a safe site I use to get them when needed is FileHippo, they have Version 2 and Version 3 downloads....