Premium version update issue

Its impossible that this is not a problem way more wide spread than the responses in this thread are making it out to be. I have well over 3100 clients running Malwarebytes and out of the few hundred I have been testing 3.0 with, every last single one of them has this issue and has had it now for going on a week. I am a Malwarebytes diehard and I know the in's and outs of just about everything from how it talks to the consoles as well as best practices for installations. I have nothing blocking anything going to the Malwarebytes update servers via Windows Firewall and or Hardware/Software firewall. Something silly and small I am sure is goofed up but there is definitely something not right. FYI these installations I speak of are spread across multiple different business's and state's with different hardware, OS's, ISP's and setups but all having the same exclusions to blocking any traffic relating to updates. Attached to this response is the update that broke it and below that is the response or problem, maybe this will help you pinpoint it. Thanks for all the hard work Malwarebytes Team keep it up, love the product

lastupdate-culprit.txt

error-response-after-update.txt

Also to add to that response, On a handful of those computers, I ran all the cleanup, scanned registry for anything remotely pertaining to Malwarebytes or its products and removed them as well as files and folders and reinstall with both your linked latest version and the websites and it did not fix the problem on any of the machines.

• Root Admin

Hello @jarodss

As stated, there is no business version 3.x at this time. The business version is currently 1.8

That said though please pick one of the affected computers and get me the logs from it and I'll review and see what I can find.

Create and obtain an mb-check log:

1. Download mb-check from here and save to your desktop
  2. Run mb-check and within a few second the command window will open and then close
  3. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-checkResult.txt
  4. Attach this log file to your post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

Review the post here on how to run the FRST program and post back both of those logs as well. All 3 logs should be attached, please do not copy/paste directly into your reply post.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/9573-im-infected-what-do-i-do-now/

Thank you

Ron

• Root Admin

Hello @jarodss

I'm sorry, but our stance would be for you to remove the Malwarebytes 3 and install the business 1.8 version you're licensed for. I don't have an exact date but I know they are actively working to get the 3.x version ready for business accounts in the near future.

Thank you

Ron