More popups after running malware then before, other anti-malware doesn't work either

I installed MalwareBytes and ran it. It said it found over 100 infected files and then removed them. I then ran the advanced version.

When I shut off my computer and restarted it, I was hoping for a huge increase in time preformance (my computer is very slow).

There was not a single increase.

I then thought at least my internet would run more efficiently, because before it would have a popup about 1/3 of every website I visited.

Now I have a popup nearly every single website I visit! If I stay on one site for a longer than usual it has another pop up!

When I turn on my computer I get a bunch of error messages saying "Can not load xxxxx.dl" I was first hoping that this meant the spyware on my computer that needed the particual DL file couldn't load, but now I am having my doubts.

It was suggested to me to install two anti-malware/spyware softwares and run them one after another. Another anti malware program I installed can not even open now. I am hoping that malwarebytes accidently thought it was spyware its self, instead of disabling any active spyware so it could not be detected?

I google searched "malwarebytes" and a negative word such as "complaints" "scam" and read a bunch of reports which claimed Malwarebytes is either a scam and doesn't work (hoping people will upgrade) or is actually malware its self, like Windows AntiVirus 2010.

Now I know that on the internet you can't really believe everything you read, especially because people who write competing software slander each other all the time, but...

1) My computer does not run any faster, at all.

2) I have more internet popups than before

3) Other spyware programs on my computer have been disable

4) Negative google searches reveal negative comments about MBAM

So, I am hoping this is all a big mistake and there is somtehing I did wrong. My internet that I use is google chrome, cookies erase everything I turn it off and I manually clear everything as well. Popup blocker is on the highest setting. Internet Explorer settings are for the same (however I do not use it). I have edited my registry, edited my msconfig, defragged etc.

I know that if this topic gets erased and censored then my fear is true, but if someone helps me work through this then it is not.

BTW, I'm running the MBAM again only 2 days after I ran it the first time and it already claims to have found 25 files... this doesn't look good.. Please let me know so I can actually fix my computer.

Greetings.

To get you fixed up please follow the instructions here:

I'm infected - What do I do now?

And post your logs in a new topic here:

Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs

Please be sure not to install any software or use any removal or scanning tools exept those that you are

instructed to by the expert who will be assisting you as doing so can make their job much more difficult.

note: if for some reason you are unable to run some or any of the tools in the first link, then skip that step and move on to the next one.

If you can't even run HijackThis, then just post here: Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs describing your issues and an expert will reply with further instructions.

I hope I was helpful. Good luck and safe surfing. ;)

• Staff
I installed MalwareBytes and ran it. It said it found over 100 infected files and then removed them. I then ran the advanced version.

When I shut off my computer and restarted it, I was hoping for a huge increase in time preformance (my computer is very slow).

There was not a single increase.

I then thought at least my internet would run more efficiently, because before it would have a popup about 1/3 of every website I visited.

Now I have a popup nearly every single website I visit! If I stay on one site for a longer than usual it has another pop up!

When I turn on my computer I get a bunch of error messages saying "Can not load xxxxx.dl" I was first hoping that this meant the spyware on my computer that needed the particual DL file couldn't load, but now I am having my doubts.

It was suggested to me to install two anti-malware/spyware softwares and run them one after another. Another anti malware program I installed can not even open now. I am hoping that malwarebytes accidently thought it was spyware its self, instead of disabling any active spyware so it could not be detected?

I google searched "malwarebytes" and a negative word such as "complaints" "scam" and read a bunch of reports which claimed Malwarebytes is either a scam and doesn't work (hoping people will upgrade) or is actually malware its self, like Windows AntiVirus 2010.

Now I know that on the internet you can't really believe everything you read, especially because people who write competing software slander each other all the time, but...

1) My computer does not run any faster, at all.

2) I have more internet popups than before

3) Other spyware programs on my computer have been disable

4) Negative google searches reveal negative comments about MBAM

So, I am hoping this is all a big mistake and there is somtehing I did wrong. My internet that I use is google chrome, cookies erase everything I turn it off and I manually clear everything as well. Popup blocker is on the highest setting. Internet Explorer settings are for the same (however I do not use it). I have edited my registry, edited my msconfig, defragged etc.

I know that if this topic gets erased and censored then my fear is true, but if someone helps me work through this then it is not.

BTW, I'm running the MBAM again only 2 days after I ran it the first time and it already claims to have found 25 files... this doesn't look good.. Please let me know so I can actually fix my computer.

First, the only reason you continue to get more infections found is because there is more malware on the system. While we tstrive to add to our databases new malware as quickly as we can, and in most cases, we addd more frequebtly than other malware applications, we will miss infections. Every single peice of security software on the planet will, I can guarntee that.

Next, there could be a hundred other reasons your system is still slow. Simple malware removal is not a magic bullet to fix any type of peroformanc issues. The best way to diagnose peroformance issues is to install other CPU monitoring software such as Process Explorer or even better ProcMon. And then go thru each and every process and it's tree to see what's using up CPUs.

And finally, the other issue of us being some sort of shady operation trying to goad people into buying our software I say TOTAL BS. For each and every instance you find of this type of claim I can show you hundreds, if not thousands of satisfied users.

All those claims are made by disgrunteled users who were perhaps expecting more from our software than is possible. Or, more than likely, made by people who are our direct competitiors hiding behind false identities.

@ dubfrontsidah

Read what TeMerc said to you ;) You should do what Maniac suggested, I STRONGLY recommend it, and as for being fake; MBAM is not.

A fake/rogue program would ask you to either buy it after appearing on your computer without you having even downloaded it (or you downloading it on accident via a web pop up or a web-site redirection) or ask you to buy it after performing a fake scan, riddled with results that are either not true or are infections from the program itself.

Malwarebytes is a FREE on-demand scanner that removes even even the toughest Malware out there. It does not bombard you with requests to purchase the program either before or after infection removal. Rogues and fake applications can and will bombard you though.

I purchased the PRO version hmm maybe a month ago now. I have NO complaints at all. I have also used to wipe infections off of the computers of a few friends.

It is am amazing program backed by awesome people. Please don't let the negatives persuade you; they're (probably) either disgruntled users who use P2P programs to obtain files illegally and know that they shouldn't be, or people from another company wishing to bad-mouth Mbam.

Mbam is 100% totally and completely legit, I assure you. I wouldn't use or recommend a product that I didn't truly believe in, and I believe in Malwarebytes ;)

Sounds like there is something tough still sitting on your system. Please follow Maniac's directions to help you figure out what it is. Someone will be with you as soon as possible.