why McAfee over Malwarebytes

I recently called Tech. Support to reinstall Malwarebytes as it was deleted and why. They said they would run a scan and reinstall, however. When they convinced me to upgrade to Windows 10 at my original purchase I did. But they graciously waved payment until later. Tech indicated Malwarebytes was deleted because of delayed payment, but they proceeded with scan. Then on the call back I went ahead and paid. They ran the scan and installed McAfee instead of Malwarebytes. I asked why. The tech. said because McAfee is better than Malwarebytes. If you work for Malwarebytes, why install McAfee as a so called better product? I used them in the past and was not happy with the program. Although, it can be better now, I do not know.

When I originally purchased Malwarebytes, the same sales pitch was given to me. I asked is McAfee and Malwarebytes the same company? Only stated the same sales pitch for McAfee. If Malwarebytes is supposed to be better than any product out there, why install McAfee without my permission? My prior program was FixItUtilities in which they said it was a scam. Again, confused as I never had a problem in the past with such.

Another problem is I was told my computer would run faster and be better with Windows 10. My computer is much slower. Why?

So, why install McAfee instead of fixing Malwarebytes? And, Malwarebytes is technically on my system (icons). Can I uninstall without causing possible problems with McAfee?

Edited by WendyTG
spelling erors

7 hours ago, WendyTG said:

Then on the call back I went ahead and paid.

I recently called Tech. Support to reinstall Malwarebytes

There is NO phone number to call for ACTUAL MALWAREBYTES support.

I asked is McAfee and Malwarebytes the same company?

A big NO.

So, why install McAfee instead of fixing Malwarebytes?

Again you were not talking to Malwarebytes.

Tech indicated Malwarebytes was deleted because of delayed payment, but they proceeded with scan. Then on the call back I went ahead and paid.

Since they had access to your computer you have WAY more things to be worried about.

Then on the call back I went ahead and paid.

You PAID a Tech SCAM artist.

I suggest you start by canceling your credit card and disputing those charges for starters.

When something happens like this to one of my clients I automatically Back up their data and wipe and fresh install the Windows on the computer to be thoroughly sure the scammers did not leave anything behind. 

Next I advise them when they get their clean computer back to change their passwords on all accounts that were ever accessed on that computer. The scammers had plenty of time to gather any thing they wanted from your computer including usernames and passwords from all your accounts/sites.

I also advise them to NEVER let anyone have remote access to there computer unless the a in person business relationship with that company.

I would seek out a reputable local provider to TAKE your computer for the above needed (in my opinion) work to do this for you.

Edited by Porthos