Reset Protection History to 0.

Robertiy

I can't believe that you have not thought about adding an icon next to the question mark in Protection History so as the user can reset the 3 counters back to zero!  Who wants to see MILLIONS of Items Scanned or the rest.  I know my history and want a clean/pristine one.  Plus, I can instantly know that the Scheduled Scan has ran accordingly to my choice.

Almost EVERY software has a reset to Default.  Come on MB developers, this is just Common Sense!

Robert

• 2 weeks later...

I can't speak for the product team that designed these features, but I do believe that at least part of the reason it can't be reset, especially for detections, is due to the fact that it shows the value of our product by reminding the user of how many threats/attacks we've detected/blocked/removed etc. so resetting that number to 0 arbitrarily would be counterproductive (not to mention inaccurate).  As for the total of items scanned, while I see no need for the feature at all personally (I don't really care how many objects have been analyzed by scans since installing any piece of software as it's just not a useful/valuable metric for me personally), I guess the same logic applies.  It wouldn't be accurate if reset to 0 at any point.

Again, I can't speak for the product team and there may be other reasons (or maybe they just haven't implemented a reset function yet and they may plan to someday), but to me it makes sense for the sake of accuracy as well as showing value (especially important if the user is running the trial and deciding whether or not to purchase Malwarebytes; resetting the counter to 0 at any point would defeat the purpose if the intent is to remind them that since installing the trial Malwarebytes has protected their system from and/or removed X number of threats and the same applies to subscription users with regards to renewals of their licenses).

I've had other AV/AM tools in the past which showed similar stats and I never recall any reset function for that information.  To me it's just like the date/time of last scan info and similar statistics shown by some software.  It's not really something that bothers me and it can occasionally be quite useful.

Edited by exile360

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 3:18 PM, exile360 said:

I've had other AV/AM tools in the past which showed similar stats and I never recall any reset function for that information

A simple example is MSE , where you have in "History" a button "Remove all" .

Is that simple. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2017 at 0:18 PM, exile360 said:

I can't speak for the product team that designed these features, but I do believe that at least part of the reason it can't be reset, especially for detections, is due to the fact that it shows the value of our product by reminding the user of how many threats/attacks we've detected/blocked/removed etc. so resetting that number to 0 arbitrarily would be counterproductive (not to mention inaccurate).  As for the total of items scanned, while I see no need for the feature at all personally (I don't really care how many objects have been analyzed by scans since installing any piece of software as it's just not a useful/valuable metric for me personally), I guess the same logic applies.  It wouldn't be accurate if reset to 0 at any point.

Again, I can't speak for the product team and there may be other reasons (or maybe they just haven't implemented a reset function yet and they may plan to someday), but to me it makes sense for the sake of accuracy as well as showing value (especially important if the user is running the trial and deciding whether or not to purchase Malwarebytes; resetting the counter to 0 at any point would defeat the purpose if the intent is to remind them that since installing the trial Malwarebytes has protected their system from and/or removed X number of threats and the same applies to subscription users with regards to renewals of their licenses).

I've had other AV/AM tools in the past which showed similar stats and I never recall any reset function for that information.  To me it's just like the date/time of last scan info and similar statistics shown by some software.  It's not really something that bothers me and it can occasionally be quite useful.

If you do not want to reset Protection History counters back to 0 that is YOUR choice.  I already know what threat(s) have been detected since fresh install.  I do not need MB to help me remember!  I too have had many AV/AM tools.  Cannot remember if all of them had a Reset to Default, but I would have taken notice...just like in MB v3.

My point is that I and MANY others desire a reset/clear icon next to the question mark in Protection History to get All 3 counters back to 0.

You want to see a 100,000,000,000+ items scanned that is again, your choice.  If it doesn't bother you, that is your choice.  I guess you like life without having choices.  I always want to be able to make my OWN decision.  If I want take a hot shower, that is my choice.  If I want to take a cold shower, that is my choice.  

Life itself is choices!

Cannot be that hard to do.  If it is, then how can the user have trust in MB's protection modules when they cannot even add a reset icon?

Robert

On 4/5/2017 at 0:18 PM, exile360 said:

I can't speak for the product team that designed these features, but I do believe that at least part of the reason it can't be reset, especially for detections, is due to the fact that it shows the value of our product by reminding the user of how many threats/attacks we've detected/blocked/removed etc. so resetting that number to 0 arbitrarily would be counterproductive (not to mention inaccurate).  As for the total of items scanned, while I see no need for the feature at all personally...

That is 'Insulting the Intelligence' of other users if not, people in general.  You underestimate us!

Do not want to turn this into a diatribe....

Nuff' said,

Robert

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2017 at 10:33 AM, Robertiy said:

That is 'Insulting the Intelligence' of other users if not, people in general.  You underestimate us!

Do not want to turn this into a diatribe....

Nuff' said,

Robert

Agreed. I feel like users should at least have a choice if they want to be able to do that.