Need help getting rid of vmxclient.exe.

Hello AlexD and welcome to Malwarebytes,

My screen name is kevinf80, i`m here to help clean up your system. Make sure to run all scans from accounts with Administrator status, continue as follows please:

Anyone other than the original starter of this thread please DO NOT follow the instructions and advice posted as replies here, my help and advice is NOT related to your system and will probably cause more harm than good...

Change the download folder setting in the Default Browser only. so all of the tools we may use are saved to the Desktop:

user posted imageGoogle Chrome - Click the "Customize and control Google Chrome" button in the upper right-corner of the browser. user posted image
Choose Settings. at the bottom of the screen click the
"Show advanced settings..." link. Scroll down to find the Downloads section and click the Change... button. Select your desktop and click OK.

user posted imageMozilla Firefox - Click the "Open Menu" button in the upper right-corner of the browser. user posted image Choose Options. In the downloads section, click the Browse button, click on the Desktop folder and the click the "Select Folder" button. Click OK to get out of the Options menu.

user posted imageInternet Explorer - Click the Tools menu in the upper right-corner of the browser. user posted image Select View downloads. Select the Options link in the lower left of the window. Click Browse and select the Desktop and then choose the Select Folder button. Click OK to get out of the download options screen and then click Close to get out of the View Downloads screen.
NOTE: IE8 Does not support changing download locations in this manner. You will need to download the tool(s) to the default folder, usually Downloads, then copy them to the desktop.

user posted imageChange default download folder location in Edge -Boot to a user account with admin status, select start > file explorer > right click on "Downloads" folder and select "Properties"

In the new window select "Location" tab > clear the text field box and type in or copy/paste %userprofile%\Desktop > select "Apply" then "OK"

Safari Select settings (looks like cog wheel, top r/h corner) from the list select "Preferences" in the new window with "General Tab" selected, expand dropdown from "save downloaded files to" box, then select "other" from the new window navigate to and select "Desktop"

Be aware you are not changing the Browser download folder location, you are changing the user’s download directory location.....

Next,

Follow the instructions in the following link to show hidden files:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/show-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-vista/

Next,

1.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from this link:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/mbar/

2. Unzip the File to a convenient location. (Recommend the Desktop)
3. Open the folder where the contents were unzipped to run mbar.exe

user posted image

4. Double-click on the mbar.exe file, you may receive a User Account Control prompt asking if you are sure you wish to allow the program to run. Please allow the program to run and MBAR will now start to install any necessary drivers that are required for the program to operate correctly. If a rootkit is interfering with the installation of the drivers you will see a message that states that the DDA driver was not installed and that you should reboot your computer to install it. You will see this image:

user posted image

5. If you receive this message, please click on the Yes button and Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit will now restart your computer. Once the computer is rebooted and you login, MBAR will automatically start and you will now be at the start screen. (If no Rootkit warning you will go from step 4 to 6.)

6. The following image opens, select Next.

user posted image

7. The following image opens, select Update

user posted image

8. When the update completes select Next.

user posted image

9. In the following window ensure "Targets" are ticked. Then select "Scan"

user posted image

10. If an infection is found select the "Cleanup Button" to remove threats, Reboot if prompted. Wait while the system shuts down and the cleanup process is performed.

user posted image

11. Perform another scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to verify that no threats remain. If they do, then click "Cleanup Button" once more and repeat the process.
12. If no threats were found you will see the following image, Select Exit:

user posted image

13. Verify that your system is now running normally, making sure that the following items are functional:

• Internet access
  • Windows Update
  • Windows Firewall

14. If there are additional problems with your system, such as any of those listed above or other system issues, then run the 'fixdamage' tool included within Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit folder.

15. Select "Y" from your Keyboard, tap Enter.

16. The fix will be applied, select any key to Exit.

17. Let me know how your system now responds. Copy and paste the two following logs from the mbar folder:

System - log
Mbar - log Date and time of scan will also be shown

Thanks,

Kevin...

I feel god awful that this was the earliest I could get back to you. I am also entirely sorry I happened to be sleeping during the time you responded. Before your reply, my boyfriend stepped in and he took care of it, he's an IT guy with two degrees in his field. I am eternally sorry that I ended up not needing the help after all.