Web Protection Won't Enable

On 2/14/2017 at 10:09 AM, celee said:

Hi @jmcquiggan and @INNJAY,

Have you guys tried this workaround to enable web protection: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/195576-real-time-protection-layer-turning-off-try-this/

Innjay, you can retrieve your license details by clicking "My Account" at the top right. There you can find your License info.

Thanks,
Cecile

having the same issue.. ongoing since January I think. or December. This didn't work.

• Administrators

Hi @Exwinter,

Are you on the latest version of Malwarebytes 3.0 which is 3.0.6? You can check by going to "Settings" on the left panel and then click "About" tab. 

If not, please head here to download the latest version:

Please let me know if you are still having trouble with web protection disabling in version 3.0.6

Thanks,
Cecile

Edited by celee

• 2 weeks later...

@celee yep still having issues.. as a matter of fact the only change the last few days I seem to be having the notification that I'm "unprotected" pops  up more frequently. also even more than just the "web protection" will be turned off. every so often I'll see that almost everything is turned off. up till now it was only the web protection and every now and then (pretty rarely) the anti exploit would be turned off. and the web protection literally never ever turns on. it just says "starting" than eventually it would just give up, sometimes immediatly, other times it'll take up to an hour maybe?

and yes.. its up to date.. it automatically updates.

malwarebytes.PNG

Edited by Exwinter

updated componant package. I think maybe that worked? when I finally booted up I did notice web protection was still off. but when I went to turn it on, it took a few seconds but it eventually turned on. this has never happened before. so maybe its fixed? I'll post again if I have any issues. in the mean time thanks! :D NO MORE GAMING INTERUPTIONS! :D