New upgrade hamering CPU

:welcome:

Were these upgrade installs from v2 to v3?  Is so that upgrade process does not go well on some computers... a clean reinstall may help...

Let's try this first....

1. Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - Malwarebytes mb-clean tool (after uninstalling you can download the latest version to re-install from HERE)
  2. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 4 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 4 logs are: mbam logs zipped, FRST.txt, Addition.txt and mb-checkResult.txt)
  3. NOTE: More info about Malwarebytes 3.0.6 CU3 HERE; MB 3 User Guide ONLINE; MB 3 User Guide PDF; MB 3 FAQ: Malwarebytes 3.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank You,

Same issue here.

I never had issues with MBAM before but the new update is simply hogging way too many resources on my pc.
Whenever I open a new link in my browser MBAM basically hogs all of my CPU processing power for a moment, that is simply unacceptable for me.

Is there a way to downgrade, seriously?
Because otherwise I will be forced to uninstall MBAM for the time being, which I wouldn't want to do.

6 minutes ago, Talavaj said:

Same issue here.

I never had issues with MBAM before but the new update is simply hogging way too many resources on my pc.
Whenever I open a new link in my browser MBAM basically hogs all of my CPU processing power for a moment, that is simply unacceptable for me.

Because otherwise I will be forced to uninstall MBAM for the time being, which I wouldn't want to do.

Could you please try the steps I offered the topic starter?

6 minutes ago, Talavaj said:

If the above does not help yes we can "downgrade" for the time being.

Whit out getting any logs please tell me what are the spec's of this computer in question. Also what other protection programs are running as well.

Edited by Porthos

Yeah, I will look into the logs later.

My setup is i5 760 2.8GHz with 8gb ram on a windows 7 ultimate machine, I know it isn't the newest hardware but still.
I only really use this computer as a workstation so I don't have any other realtime protection solutions running - other than a hefty list of addresses blocked by the hosts file.

It seems the CPU usage hikes only if the website protection is turned on, what does this protection consist of?
Does this only look up the database and block sites much in the way that the windows hosts file would or does it offer more of a protection against active threats on sites as well?
In other words, would this be safe to turn off for the time being ?

21 minutes ago, Talavaj said:

Does this only look up the database and block sites much in the way that the windows hosts file would or does it offer more of a protection against active threats on sites as well?

That info is not made public.

24 minutes ago, Talavaj said:

i5 760 2.8GHz with 8gb ram

Mine is similar and I don't have the usage issues you do. .I also only have 6 gigs of ram and no such slowdowns.

I think a clean uninstall reinstall might take of it. See the instructions form post #2 

mbam usage.PNG

Hi Porthos,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not entirely comfortable posting the FRST files on a public forum. I have attached the Malwarebytes logs.

I have tried a clean install with no improvement. My Laptop is an i7 4500u 1.8ghz, 16 gig ram.

I have been using the premium version for a couple of years with no issues until Friday. It is slowing my browsing etc, so for now I've turned off all real time protection.

Is there a link to downgrade?

Thanks

mbae-default.zip

MB-CheckResult.txt

Well there is nothing any onw can use asainst you ib the FRST logs but I see you use Webroot SecureAnywhere

Please add these files to Webroots exclusions

Exclude these in your Anti-virus exclusion settings and IF you are using any Firewall other the built in one be sure to allow Malwarebytes  complete access.

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbae64.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMChameleon.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mwac.sys
C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\farflt.sys

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MbamPt.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\assistant.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMWsc.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMService.exe

Lets if that helps.

Just a side note, I has a client in my shop Friday with webroot and her brand new $1000 laptop was so slow until I turned off Webroot it was crazy.

Edited by Porthos

Thanks again Porthos. I've added those files to the exclude list and it doesn't help. NB I really like webroot and have never had any issues. It's the real time Web Protection that seems to be causing the issue at the monent - something that never happened before my update on Friday. As mentioned I have this disabled now. I just won't renew my premium when it expires in May

On 3/26/2017 at 3:58 AM, steby said:

Is there a link to downgrade?

I have tried Malwarebytes 3.0 but want to go back to MBAM 2.2.1
If for whatever reason you want to downgrade to MBAM 2.2.1 and wait for a new version of 3.0, you can do so easily. Simply uninstall Malwarebytes 3.0, reboot and then download and install MBAM 2.2.1 from here.