Updates not working for me

• Root Admin

Hello @shote1369 and :welcome:

Please read the following topic and then run the Malwarebytes Clean Removal tool mb-clean

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/196955-malwarebytes-mb-clean-tool/

The download link for the tool is:  https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean

Restart the computer when done and reinstall Malwarebytes 3 with the latest build again.

Here is the link for the latest installer

https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3/

Let me know if that corrects the issue or not and we'll go from there as needed.

Thank you

Ron

• Root Admin

Okay, please try the following. - Note it's quite late here so I'll be heading out soon but will check back on you again sometime tomorrow.

Please read the following and post back the requested logs and I'll take a look and see what's going on.

Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Also, please post back this log too.

Create and obtain an mb-check log:

1. Download mb-check from here and save to your desktop
  2. Run mb-check and within a few second the command window will open and then close
  3. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-checkResult.txt
  4. Attach this log file to your post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

There should be a total of 3 logs you will be attaching for me to review.

Thank you

Ron

It has been normally update til yesterday (March 24 2017) when ive waken up and turn on my laptop then click "check for updates" like everyday. What a confused at the moment "Updates: Checking" turned back "Updates: Check for updates"

Edited by shote1369

1 hour ago, shote1369 said:

I dont know why i tried with free version install, the checking updates working very well, then i reinstall the premium version which u gave me and then restart after install had completed, the checking updates stucking til now

As i know , the Free version and Premium version should be the same version ,

The only different between those two version , just only did you have activate the License or not .

If you activate the License , Malwarebytes will open those Premium function ,

and you do not need to reinstall the program , so i am sure that the free version and Premium version are both same .

So if your free version works fine , no reason Premium version can't work .

You can try to use free version first , make sure the updates can work with out any problem ,.

than enter your License , check the update still work or not :)

Edited by KevinYu0504

• Root Admin

More than likely your antivirus or other security software may be blocking our software due to the Protection Modules once the software is activated. The free version does not have that.

Let me get the requested logs from the above post where I asked for logs and I'll check and see what I can find.

Thanks

How can u get the lastest update, LaFouine94 ? For the last time, my Update Package Version (UPV) was 1.0.1570 after reinstall Malwarebyte 3.0.6  my UPV now is 1.0.1394 (down version), and the most thing is Updates are not working anymore. Keeping "out of date" everyday til admin fix those issues.

Edited by shote1369