Check for updates not working

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, pfefferc said:

I really don't think we need separate topics for an obvious issue on the update engine!

I am sorry you feel that way but we like to keep each user seprate and assist one on one.

and this is very important to determin which staff should be involved.

if you are a business with 100 computers or a repair shop with 100 clients all with issues.

Edited by Porthos

8 minutes ago, bardos said:

Could someone leave a link to a straight download of the latest defs?

That old way if I remember correctly , does not work in ver 3.0 and is not an option. Staff will correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by Porthos

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

That old way if I remember correctly  that way of updating does not work in ver 3.0 and is not an option. Staff will correct me if I am wrong.

Oh, sorry to hear that. I do believe that this option should be reinstated in any new version.

3 minutes ago, bardos said:

Oh, sorry to hear that. I do believe that this option should be reinstated in any new version.

You could post that in the suggestions thread.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/forum/12-malwarebytes-30/

8 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Staff will correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by Porthos

It's a fairly MAJOR issue when the update component doesn't work in MBAM...

Why aren't there status updates on this by the Dev's?  Especially for a premium paid for service.  Seems kind of ridiculous there isn't better communication about this issue and it's path to resolution.  Apparently this has been going on all day and I've seen it on 2 of my devices.  I have also seen random reports that it's supposed to be fixed now....It's not fixed yet.  Please provide the customers updates.

Thanks!

43 minutes ago, zeeter said:

It's a fairly MAJOR issue when the update component doesn't work in MBAM...

Why aren't there status updates on this by the Dev's?  Especially for a premium paid for service.  Seems kind of ridiculous there isn't better communication about this issue and it's path to resolution.  Apparently this has been going on all day and I've seen it on 2 of my devices.  I have also seen random reports that it's supposed to be fixed now....It's not fixed yet.  Please provide the customers updates.

Thanks!

@zeeter Welcome

From what I see you have 4 total posts and it seems most are the "me too" type postings. Sounds like you are having several issues.  Could you please start your own topic and follow the post below and post the requested logs/info.

• Administrators

Hi everyone,

Please try the following to resolve the update issue:

On 3/21/2017 at 6:49 PM, bdubrow said:

Please do a a check for updates and ensure you're on Update Package 1.0.1562 or later, and then reboot your system. 

There was an issue with an earlier update which caused some systems to get stuck in the odd update state. To fully recover, the reboot is necessary.

If you are still having trouble after completing the above, please contact our support team here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/customer/portal/emails/new?b_id=6400

Thanks,
Cecile

I ran into this problem, but found a resolution. This was occurring on two machines, one licensed, one free. Both were stuck at 1.0.1570, since 3/22 AM on one, and 3/23 AM on the other. Looking at the logs, I saw a HTTP 503 error when it tried to go to a Keystone something. My other internet stuff was working, so I hadn't expected any trouble, but I'm on satellite internet, and weather has been horrible, so I tried a power-down reset. It worked.

Never underestimate the value of the Big Red Switch!

Edited by RedCountyPete
Typo...

The same issue like Awesomegamer20 and even got down version when clean, reinstall, restart matter how manytimes. Like what he said the free version has no mater about Checking update (Updates: Current)(I did test many times with free version too) but the premium version can't update ("Updates: Checking for updates" always)

Edited by shote1369

7 hours ago, bardos said:

My English is quite poor. What is a "power-down reset" Thanks

After I shut down the computer, I turned off the power to the satellite receiver, router, and the computer itself. I've found that some types of internet traffic (usually very interactive, with lots of back-and-forth data uploading and downloading) is more "fragile" than other activity. The power-down lets the sat receiver and the separate router do a full reboot.

Updates are working all right this morning. The scheduled update check picked up 1.0.1591.

Edited by RedCountyPete
further note

3 minutes ago, Awesomegamer20 said:

I've already done a full clean uninstall multiple times

Did you do it all again with this CU4 release?

"If you have an earlier version of Malwarebytes 3.0 installed, please uninstall it first and then install this new version.  Typically with these "bundled" installers for testing a clean install seems to work best. "

Just now, Porthos said:

Did you do it all again with this CU4 release?

"If you have an earlier version of Malwarebytes 3.0 installed, please uninstall it first and then install this new version.  Typically with these "bundled" installers for testing a clean install seems to work best. "

No, I usually have no issue installing a beta the check for updates worked yesterday but today its broken. Are you wanting me to do ANOTHER clean install 

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

This was part of the instructions in that beta announcement. It will I presume be a normal thing till all these bugs are worked out.

16 minutes ago, Awesomegamer20 said:

Yeah its not updating to the latest version. Malwarebytes 3.0 is so broken. Atleast 2.2 MBAM wasn't as broken  

Ver 2 started out broken in some ways as well.

Have you added all of these to your Kaspersky Internet Security exclusions? And made sure to allow MB in the Kaspersky FIREWALL as well?

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbae64.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMChameleon.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mwac.sys
C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\farflt.sys

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MbamPt.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\assistant.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMWsc.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMService.exe