Sign in to follow this  
dfmcse

Incorrect time shown in System Logs of management console

Yesterday I was supporting a user and when checking the Malwarebytes Management Console around 3:00 PM I found where the console in System Logs displayed the below:

103-PCNAME < None > 192.168.1.3 D8-CB-8A-22-AA-D6 domain.com 3/22/2017 9:15:45 PM Anti-Malware Full scan result: No threat
203-PCNAME AD61306 192.168.1.3 D8-CB-8A-22-AA-D6 domain.com 3/22/2017 9:15:45 PM Anti-Malware Full scan result: No threat

Notice the Time column shows 9:15 PM. I sent a command to do a full scan and while that completed without issue this morning I am back in the console with no new information. The client is now off-line. I will be calling the client later this morning to investigate further but I'm curious as to why the incorrect time showing up in System Logs. Where would that originate? Previous log entries appear to be correct.

Hi @dfmcse, this is an odd one! Our product saves the date/time in UTC and translates it later to show your time zone, it's not a stretch for it to have messed that up. It could also possibly be that users machine and its cmos battery, is the time correct on their machine?